Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 Fighting Knives and 1 Question

Dear All,

Those are my three fighting knives which I would like to share with you. The question I have is what kind of scabbard does the Boker need? I am sure I won't find one but still would like to know. Might have a leather sheath made for it...

Best Regards,

Al
    Attached Files

... just the blades (top to bottom Demag, Puma, Boker):
    Attached Files

Comment

She could live in a scabbard just like the demag or the puma Usually in the same style as the demag. Excellent fighting knives! The scabbards do come up from time to time on ebay, key word for german fighting knife, close combat knife, fighting knife, trench knife. You may luck out. Very nice trio thanks for posting. Matt

Comment

Hey , its a metal scabberd, with a beltstrap in cloth or lether , got one myslf

Comment

Thanks guys, so I will be looking for one that fits before I try get one made!

Comment

Why not try the Boker Company.
            The Boker knife is not old, it is made quite recently
            and Boker Company might have left over scabbards
            to sell.

Comment

Originally posted by HgF View Post
              The Boker knife is not old, it is made quite recently
              If you refer to the one above I would like to hear why you think it is one of those Boker re-produced a couple of years ago?

Comment

I also think the Boker is modern

http://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/st...tml?s=BO121918

Boker certainly made knives of this pattern in the WW1 period, however I think that the one illustrated does not have the look of age to it.

Regards

Richie

Comment

Originally posted by Richie B View Post
                  I also think the Boker is modern

http://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/st...tml?s=BO121918

Boker certainly made knives of this pattern in the WW1 period, however I think that the one illustrated does not have the look of age to it.

Regards

Richie
                  You judge by condition only? How do you deal with the obvious differences?
                  Attached Files

Comment

I agree with Richie !

The crossguard shows the typically "Böker-Remake Design", (the "genuine" Böker shows the "drop"-ending crossguard.

Also the blade of your knife shows the "Böker-Remake-Design" !

This kind of an WWI trench-knife of Böker, (also of other maker´s), shows an other "design" of the blade.
                    Imho the blade of your knife is only an "look-alike" of the original-one ...

Cheers,

R.

Comment

Thank you! Can you, or someone else, post a picture of what would be a "textbook" WWI -WWII period knife. Also, why then did Boker use two different mm designs on the remakes? Actualy, what is the exact year Boker produced the remakes?

Comment

Originally posted by Albert View Post
                        Actualy, what is the exact year Boker produced the remakes?
                        I believe that they are still currently being made.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert View Post
                          Thank you! Can you, or someone else, post a picture of what would be a "textbook" WWI -WWII period knife. Also, why then did Boker use two different mm designs on the remakes? Actualy, what is the exact year Boker produced the remakes?
                          I´m not an AM, sorry ...

BTW:
                          In WWI Böker also used an other maker´s-mark on the blade.

Comment

Originally posted by rbminis View Post
                            I believe that they are still currently being made.

Sorry, I was not clear, I meant when did they start. Just looked on the net, and it says they produced them to commemorate the 90 year of the first trench knife of this pattern which was contracted to them by the Army in 1915. If that is correct then it means that they started production in 2005. Above knife has been around, that I know of, significantly longer than that.

This raises more question, if it is period, does it really deviate from original pieces and how many designs were there between 1915 and 1945. Next question would be if it is not period, were there remakes produced earlier, say to commemorate other aniversaries?

What ever this knife turns out to be is not going to have any impact on anything, just got real curious now...

Comment

Sorry, can not answer your other questions, but the blade just does not appear to have the correct dimensions or grind lines that I would expect to see on a war time prodpiece. eg. the depth of the bolster is too large for the length of the blade, (if you compare the Boker to the Demag you will see what I mean) and the false edge appears too short for the depth of the blade. Hope this helps,
                              Ralph.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X