Army dagger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army dagger

I've recently bought this unmarked polizei dagger along with an army dagger. Can i please have your opinions. I've you need more detailed photo's of any part of the bayonet I would gladly make them.

Regards Marcel

I think that the crossguard is an second-style Alcoso or the first pattern crossguard used by Eickhorn, Im not sure. The pommel is an Alcoso design and the scabbard is an Alcoso too. Good one IMO.
    Last edited by victorbaule; 09-24-2009, 09:43 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE = victorbaule; 3508016] Creo que la guarda es un segundo estilo Alcoso o el primer patrón crossguard utilizados por Eickhorn, Im no seguro. El pomo es un diseño Alcoso y la vaina es un Alcoso también. Good one OMI. [/ QUOTE]

Only there are one problem, the Straps are from Lutwaffe Dagger !!!!

Comment

Thanks for the reply victor. I don't mind if the straps are luftwaffe, i hope the dagger is original.

Regards Marcel

Comment

Not sure about the manufacturer, but I'll agree that the crossguard is Eickhorn. It looks like an original dagger to me.
          Best regards,
          Frank Dodge

Comment

The Alcoso 3rd x guard & the one that is frequently (& mistakenly) called the Eickhorn 2nd variant are VERY similar indeed.

To be absolutely certain I would need to have a full frontal image but it appears most likely to be Alcoso from what I can tell. at that angle.

A good mid period dagger 1937-1939 with evenly toned and matching patina. Unlikely to have been messed around with from it`s appearance -IMO.

Comment

The Alcoso 3rd x guard & the one that is frequently (& mistakenly) called the Eickhorn 2nd variant are VERY similar indeed.
              So very close.
              I'm looking at the feathers at the top of the legs, and they look like Eickhorn to me. Also, the ferrule doesn't exactly match as far as patination is concerned. This does not necessarily mean that they were not born together.
              I agree that a better camera angle would help to positively identify the crossguard.

Comment

Its Alcoso, focus on the breast feathering.......its half diamond cut, compared to the full diamond shape on the Eickhorn. In fact the whole dagger is typical ACS including the flared pommel.
                Do not be suprised also if the dagger will not come apart, many daggers by this firm had the pommel factory sealed.

Nice piece.

Comment

dagger is good. luft hangers are not bad either.

Comment

Do not be suprised also if the dagger will not come apart, many daggers by this firm had the pommel factory sealed.
                    This is news to me. How and why was this done?
                    I have had a couple of ACS daggers that were pretty stubborn but I got them apart with some diligence and patience.
                    Frank

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X