Polizei bayonet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polizei bayonet

I've recently bought this unmarked polizei dagger along with an army dagger. Can i please have your opinions. I've you need more detailed photo's of any part of the bayonet I would gladly make them.

Regards Marcel

Marcel,

It appears to be a bayonet that has been assembled from parts. At the very minimum I would say that the grips are postwar. Notice the very poor fit of the grips to the hilt and the odd placement of the late grip eagle insignia that is much too high on the grip. The hilt appears to be a late or postwar casting from the photograph while the scabbard appears to have early fittings but held by side screws in the manner of some postwar assembled leather body scabbards produced by Jim Atwood in the 1960s.

Comment

Originally posted by SCHUPO View Post
      Marcel,

Notice the very poor fit of the grips to the hilt .
      Indeed

Richie

Comment

Thanks for the reply Schupo.

Anyone else shares / disagree's this opinion?

Regards Marcel

Edit: We posted at the same time richie, thx for the reply

Comment

Schupo is spot on with his observations,also look at the overlap of the top of the grips to the pommel.
          Any chance of getting your money back?

Comment

Hi Kiloh,

I had good contact with the seller so i don't think this is going to be a problem. He had more items for sale that I was interested in but my budget was too small. Maybe we can make a deal.

Regards Marcel

Comment

Marcel,

I completely agree with Schupo, he is most knowledgeable. This police bayonet doesn't look to be period constructed. Grip emblems are almost always centered on the srag grip plates. This grip emblem is of late vintage & we know late vintage pieces often show less quality in construction however even in late police pieces we see much better construction than shows in your piece.

As Schupo states, the stag is bulky & very poorly fitted to the hilt. It would be very surprising is something like this would have passed 3R quality control. The stag grips color is also quite bright in some spots which leads me to believe it is of newer vintage than pre 1945. if you can get your money back, I'd certainly rercommend it.

Comment

I really appreciate the comments.

He has a SA dagger i wanted to buy, but I had no money to buy everything . With some extra payment he wants to trade the bayonet for the dagger:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=382501

Regards Marcel

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X