Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe Carl Julius Krebs Solingen for options

hello all,

please options this LW dagger ...............

regards Chris

Comment

I have one like this as well, however mine has different crossguard and pommel,,also my scabbard bands are different as well as the wire on my grip is the standard twisted brass,,I see your handle appears to be Trolon as well as mine is,,
      the ferrule is on upside down also,,

Maybe some one with more experience can tell if this is original Krebs hardware or if they used several types of crossguard/pommel configurations,,
      I like yours its very well hand detailed

Comment

I think that the firm Karl Julius Krebs, sometime used component produced by WKC. IMO is a very good dagger in mint condition

Comment

great condition, regards, ren

Comment

Wittman's Luftwaffe book says that this is a generic crossguard with Krebs as one of the users.
            Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Chris, that is a very nice example indeed. If the blade condition extends to the tip (your pictures don't show the whole blade) I would say that it is indeed close to mint.
              Best regards,
              Frank

Comment

Lovely piece...not a fan of tags as IMO they only came on Cutlery sets....but it looks nice.

Comment

many thanks for all replys ......... i add 2 photos from blade

Comment

Beautiful......

Comment

A nice dagger, blade is mint .

All the best, Gareth

Comment

Is the blade glued into the crossguard Looks like glue around the tang...

Red

Comment

I don't want to be a spoil sport, but is it possible that the blade has been buffed? The makers mark seems to be just slightly washed out, and there appears to be a water mark / pitting near the tip which has the appearance of having been buffed. As well, I have never seen a chain used in place twisted wire. If the guard is in fact held in place by adhesive, I would treat this dagger with caution.
                          Please take my remarks for what they are worth, I could be wrong on all of the above.
                          Wolfgang

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeknives View Post
                            I don't want to be a spoil sport, but is it possible that the blade has been buffed? The makers mark seems to be just slightly washed out, and there appears to be a water mark / pitting near the tip which has the appearance of having been buffed. As well, I have never seen a chain used in place twisted wire. If the guard is in fact held in place by adhesive, I would treat this dagger with caution.
                            Please take my remarks for what they are worth, I could be wrong on all of the above.
                            Wolfgang
                            I would be of the same opinion on all of the above. Need more light or info on the adhesive part though.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X