SS Dagger For Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Dagger For Review

Here is an SS chained dagger for your review and comments on identification, authenticity and value.

Thanks ! !
    RichB
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I would steer clear of this one:
              • The blade is maker-marked. Aside from the motto, there should be nothing on the blade
              • Comment #1 notwithstanding, the maker mark looks really shabby, leqading me to think that the blade is a total reproduction
              • I don't like the link that connects the chain to the hanger clip. The shape is all wrong
              • I don't like the SS stamping on the reverse of the chain
              Best,
              Skip

Comment

I believe the entire chain is fake.
                Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Hello Rich,

I feel that both the blade and chain are reproductions so would pass on it as suggested by Skip.

Regards,
                  Stu

Comment

I THINK THAT IS A GOOD REPRODUCTION, I dont like the ricasso, the eagle shape and the chain.

Comment

You mean you don't like the mouse with a spiked hair doo?. Oh, that's right..it's supposed to be a squirrel. On a serious note, I need to save this photo. I have not seen this particular fake Eickhorn TM before.

Comment

Be carefuly because the logo of the solitary squirrel is frequently called "fake" by some collectors but is correct. No the logo of this dagger but is correct in others daggers

Comment

There are those that believe this Eick maker mark was produced with M36 SS daggers in limited quantities, based on vet purchases. Even if completely original to the dagger, a maker marked blade will always bring less on a chained SS dagger.

But as Skip mentions, the maker mark looks "off". I think it may in fact be a fake, the detail to the letters & numbers are more fuzzy than I've seen previously. I also think the center ridge seems a bit high, a common trait of modern production NPEA blades. The SS proof stamp on the chain looks unusual too, leading me to think the chain might be bad too. As my learned brothers have said, leave this one where it is. If you bought it, maybe try to get some sort of refund.

Comment

This blade is without any question a fake. This version of the Eickhorn logo is legit, referred to as the "rat-tail" version and quite scarce, but as already mentioned, not on the blade shown.

The big red flag is the motto. This pattern does not exist for any maker, note the poor character shapes and the triangle "dots" over the 'i"s, more like the Spanish fakes. There's just too much wrong with this dagger to even consider it.

Red

Comment

Thanks Gary for your important information about the point on the letter "i" in the motto, very, very interesting...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X