Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sa dagger damascus ?

Hello Everybody,
    A question about this dagger. Good or not ?
    Thanks for all you can tell me about this dagger
    Attached Files

sa dagger 2

Attached Files

Comment

sa dagger 3

Attached Files

Comment

sa dagger 4

Attached Files

Comment

sa dagger 5

Attached Files

Comment

Czech Guy doing an acid-trip.
            Your serious right?

it's a fake IMO
            But please listen to other opinions too ...some may think is a rare "school one-off".
            Personally I feel this belongs in Militaria 3-2-1 with the Engraved Scabbards
            Honor type fakes.

-wagner-

Comment

A photo of the tang would help - it should be marked indicating it is a Damascus blade if it is the real deal. It looks rather poorly done, so I doubt it is an original period-produced piece.

Also, one would expect to see a Damascus blade on something other than a standard dagger (i.e., I would expect to see a presentation, higher quality fittings, etc. something that sets the piece apart). That is not always the case, but the Damascus blade was a very expensive option and generally merited special treatment.

In short, this looks to be a standard, original dagger with a simluated Damascus blade.

Hope that helps,
              Skip

Comment

sa dagger

Hello,
                I understand but the dagger is completely fake or only damas fake ?

Comment

While I can't be certain from the photos, it looks like the upper crossguard fitting might be plated while the lower is nickel. It may well be a bunch of original parts with a fake blade. Does it have a scabbard?
                  Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

sa dagger

No scabbard

Comment

I have to agree with everyone's skepticism of this piece, it looks to be a modern "damast" blade paired with some possibly period parts. As was pointed out, the matching of a plated & nickel crossguard would also be of concern as well as the overall lack of a scabbard. I would humbly suggest that this piece is highly suspect & that you leave it where you found it.

Comment

I think its kinda neat, but the blade can't be pre 1944 as this pattern simply did not exist. JMO

Comment

SA Damascus

I currently have one, but mine has the damascus pattern that is the water style, not like this one. Also, my tang is marked to the damascus smithy and is an early, nickel silver fitting type with silver grip eagle and anodized scabbard.
                          I don't like the pattern on this one and it appears to be a mis-matched hilt from the photos.
                          Ron Weinand

Comment

The quality of the forging in this blade, I am sure, would not be high enough to be accepted during the period of TR. Also, there is no motto or maker's mark. I believe other's comments have covered the handle and fittings.

Comment

My damascus blade is also plain and no makers mark, only the smith's A+M in an oval mark on the tang.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X