HJ Knife - Diamond wiggles - How?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ Knife - Diamond wiggles - How?

I've always been told the diamond should wiggle.
    I've never seen one taken apart.
    The closest is here:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...78#post3415678

Can anyone shed light on how they were attached to wiggle.

Thanks all --

HERES HOW THERE HELD IN PLACE BY TO PRONGS BENT OVER TO HOLD IT IN PLACE " SO SIMPLE THATS WHAT MAKES IT WIGGLE" (pic from my pal d.d.h)
    Attached Files

Comment

Check this out i think youve got an idea of how it works.

http://www.ddsdaggers.com/hjdplus/

Comment

But they dont and not all will wiggle

If its in correctly then it shouldnt move, if the grips are tight, even if it could it wont do the wiggle wiggle

I told this to some guys looking at a few of my hjs at the war and peace show, they had mikeys hj tutorial they later came back said a big dealer said its not a split pin but a spring? boing boing boing.....

Comment

I agree with evilmake here. If they are placed correct they doesn't wiggle. Some will move a bit by finger pressure, others don't. Sometimes it's hilarious when you see possible buyers on a fair shaking the knife like hell because they were told that a real HJ diamond has to wiggle.

Regards, Theo
          (Theo Cuypers)
          Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Yip your both correct in saying that not all daimonds wiggle or click when tapped with your finger, i have many hjs that do not have daimond movement at all especially my early better quality hjs, the thing to remember when buying a hj knife from a fair ect is if the daimond doesnt wiggle look for signs of glue & if theres no glue only honest 70yrs old grime & dirt between the daimond & griplate it should be fine.
            Regards Scott.
            Last edited by sweezz; 08-07-2009, 03:15 PM.

Comment

I have had HJs with very little wiggle to moderate wiggle all depending on the amount of use the knife has seen, and how tight the grips are. And Sweez is right IMO, if no movement at all look closely for a glued in diamond, regards Johnno.

Comment

thanks...thats a great shot...too bad for the knife though.

Comment

If I made fake HJ knives, you could bet the next batch would have diamonds that wiggle. A simple enough adjustment for them to make. Since far too many collectors use this to determine originality, somebody's going to take a bath
                  Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X