Best Bayonet book or series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Bayonet book or series?

Hi guys, I have been interested lately and been collecting some nice examples of German combat bayonets. Is there a particular reference or series you could recommend that is good for dating, naming makers, finishes, variations, and has good information. I am mostly interested in the combat type and not much the dress type.

Gerard

Hi, I alway love to hear from people collecting combat bayonets as they seem to be not the most popular TR items. My favourite is "Seitengewehr: History of the German Bayonet, 1919-1945" I hope this helps

Comment

Hello,

WAF member George Wheeler wrote the book mentioned above and I have found it to a great reference. George goes by SCHUPO on site. I'd contact him for information on obtaining a copy.

Regards,
      Stu
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Stu W View Post
        Hello,

WAF member George Wheeler wrote the book mentioned above and I have found it to a great reference. George goes by SCHUPO on site. I'd contact him for information on obtaining a copy.

Regards,
        Stu

Thanks for the nice comments on my "Seitengewehr" book guys. I am glad that you find it useful.

The book was sold out as of the first of the year and is now out of stock. Bender Publishing has no more in stock and I don't have any either. I see them sell on ebay and at booksellers who still have copies but I also see the price going up. My suggestion is to buy the book if you can still find it at a reasonable price. The publication price was $45. but I now see them selling for as much as $75. so try to find one at a reasonable price point if you can.

George

Comment

Hi George,
          A friend of mine wrote a book on Colt pistols in the early 1990's and is now long out of print. It sold then for around $50. It now sells for $600-$700, it you can find one. I think he sorta regretted not stashing a couple cartons in the basement. I think this may happen with your book also.

People!! If you don't have a copy of George's book, get one while you still can.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X