real water customs dagger ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

real water customs dagger ???

Is this a real authetic one? Worth to spend several hundreds Euros for it?

The eagles head looks very poor?

SA - NSDAP - HJ - BDM and AH-pictures/medals collector
    especially SA-Sport and SA-Defense Badges

Someone told me that Carsten Stegemair is the seller of this Dagger. I think this speak for itself!

Comment

My first question would be, did Alcoso make Water Customs daggers?

I honestly don't know, but since there were so few produced, I have my doubts. While this piece has a lot going for it (I like that the grooves in the scabbard bands don't go all the way around the scabbard fittings, but only on the front half, for example), it is difficult to evaluate from the photos. The price is also a concern...while I love a bargain as much as anyone, the price should be several thousand Euros, so that gives me cause for concern as well.

The eagle is a bit strange looking, but the detail on the Customs daggers never seems to be as good as on the Army counterparts. Has the leather been waxed or ???. It may just be the photos, but it looks too shiny/new, especially given the patina and wear to the back of the crossgaurd and lower scabbard fitting.

I would wait for the opinions of others, but given my concerns, tread carefully - if at all - on this one

Best,
      Skip

Comment

The funny looking eagle on the crossguard looks very soft.

Comment

Sold for 1200 Euro:

http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=2303951

Comment

Originally posted by Viewfinder View Post
            The funny looking eagle on the crossguard looks very soft.
            In addition to the eagle looking soft, so does the ferrule. Same odd looking Alcoso blade as the Bahnschutz he was selling on the same venue. This isn't scientific but the whole thing just looks put together. I'd also agree with Skip that this piece, if original, would be worth significantly more than it was being sold for. I'd even go as far as saying a period & original Wasserzoll dagger would be even more than a few thousand Euros. There can't have been more than a couple of hundred of these made overall. This type of dagger is one that even the most experienced of dealers & collectors would have trouble vetting as original because so few people have seen an actual original.

Comment

Crossguard

The swirls at the ends of the cross guard are not equal,Germans would not have allowed that,this is wrong.The price tells us it is wrong,these daggers demand much much more than that.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
              X