Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Dagger Questions

Hello all,

A friend of mine showed up at work today with the dagger shown below. I really don't know too much about German daggers so, I was hoping someone hear could give me some info on it. Also he said he wanted to sell it and again, not knowing myself, what do you guys think a piece like this is worth?

Thanks for your insight,

Kyle

The condition is an issue, especially the chip on the top of the grip. $300 to 350.00 tops. The maker is e.f. Horster.

Comment

The condition seen in the pics is as it was found.

I'm going to clean it up a bit, just to get the dirt and grime off of it. Hopefully it will cooperate and look a bit better.

And thank you Phil for the pricing info and manufacturer info.

Anyone have any other input?

Kyle

Comment

dagger

what would your friend want for this as is?

Comment

Well, he doesn't know and I don't know, thats why I asked what a fair price would be. He's a good friend of mine and I'm not about to try and screw him over.

Kyle

Comment

nice originals in my opinion the are easy 400$ each, in Europe a bit more

Comment

Someone should maybe suggest before it is too late that if you are not sure of what you are doing, Don't "clean it up a bit"

Comment

It's a late RZM piece. If you clean the fittings you probably remove the delicated -bad holding- chroom of the zinc base metal.

Regards, Theo
                (Wim Vangossum)
                Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Don't mess with it, the value will only go down if you do. The big boys advertise the patina and charge for it.

Comment

I just sold one in this condition maby a bit worse for $300.00.

Comment

OK, OK, I won't cleaning it. But, it will be hard to undo all that buffing with steel wool...just joking . All I meant by clean it up was to oil it and that all I did.

Thanks for the info, I'll pass it on to my buddy.

If he settles on a price I'll update this thread to let you guys know.

Kyle

Comment

Wipe off as much of the oil as you can, before it starts to attract more dust and grime, and if you can get some, apply a thin coat of Renaissance Wax, to the metal parts, only.....and, by the way, try not to touch the blade with your bare fingers...

Cheers,
                        Bob.
                        I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.....

Comment

Hello Kyle,
                          As you have heard don't clean the blade wipe the oil off and go to Murry's or Auto zone and get some NuFinish car wax wipe on let dry a little and wipe off do it twice and your blade will be protected for a year or two minimum. The value is around $400.00 in unmessed with condition i.e. blade not buffed with a polishing wheel or steel wool.
                          So IMO $350 and two cases of Labatts or $400,

PM me i can give you my Home phone number and we can talk more i'm in metro det. area

Eric

Ericwien@hotmail.com

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,731 at 02:37 PM on Today.

Working...
                          X