Clear All

Blue knot,what for??

Hi,

Does anyone know what this knot is for?
    Thanks,
    kind regards,Jeremy
    Attached Files

Jeremy,

These knots are alleged to be for a DRK hewer although I don't know that any period proof for them exists. Many regard them as postwar fantasy pieces. Hope this helps.

Comment

It's hard to tell for sure from the photo, but construction of Jeremy's knot, especially the slide and stem, reminds me a lot of this one. If I remember correctly, Gailen David was selling the one I pictured as "unattributed, possibly police". Not sure if there's any connection, but I know some have doubts about this one being TR.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Tim L.; 05-14-2009, 11:32 PM.

Comment

I did a search to find the threads I was thinking about in the post above. There are several, here's one that shows three different combinations, apparently from the same manufacturer.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hlight=ss+knot
        Last edited by Tim L.; 05-19-2009, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Tim,

I think they're 2 distinct knots despite the similar construction. Jeremy's knot has blue stripes, the other one you posted has black.

The black knot has been attributed to the SS but this admittedly is a stretch. Both knots have been heavily panned by the collecting community at large but certain dealers will sell both or either as original.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy G View Post
            Tim,

I think they're 2 distinct knots despite the similar construction. Jeremy's knot has blue stripes, the other one you posted has black.

The black knot has been attributed to the SS but this admittedly is a stretch. Both knots have been heavily panned by the collecting community at large but certain dealers will sell both or either as original.
            Hi Billy,

Yes, they are different colors. The blue one is shown along with two version of the silver and black ones in this thread I referenced in my last post http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hlight=ss+knot It appears there's a connection between them and look to be made by the same manufacturer.

I had two links in my last post relating to these knots. One post only showed one of the black and silver ones. I can see how that might have been confusing since Jeremy's was blue and silver. I've removed that link to make it clearer.
            Last edited by Tim L.; 05-19-2009, 02:52 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Hi Tim,

Sorry for the confusion. I completely agree with you, lots of similarities in the way they look. It wouldn't surprise me if they were constructed by the same manufacturer.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X