Illegal to pay with PayPal if you sell/buy knives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Illegal to pay with PayPal if you sell/buy knives

Do you know that it is prohibited according to PayPal policy to sell or buy any what they call “illegal knives” like gravity knives and knuckledusters!
    (The same goes for deactivated guns!)

they made me get paypal, what good is it?

Comment

The policy is nonsense. In the USA, for the most part, it's left up to the individual State to pass legislation regulating the use, sale, and posession of various weapons. I guarantee eBay/PayPal doesn't have the resources to monitor the applicable laws of each government, be a nation, state, county, city, etc, for each individual weapon.

Just don't list it as a "switch-blade knife" or "brass knuckles" in the transaction detail. I've never had a problem using paypal for any transaction, and technically, some of my transactions...actually most of my transactions...would be in violation of eBay/PayPal policy.

I know of only a couple collectors that have had problems. And those problems only happened once or twice. In short, don't sweat it. I personally am not a Paypal fan, but what choice do we have?? For the time being, it serves its purpose.

Comment

Ridiculous policies but they'll never be able to monitor things as strictly as they'd like IMO. Did you know it's also in their terms of service to disallow transactions involving such horrible things as ivory? I've used them (& Eban) for ivory and plenty of 3R items & I laugh every time I do. F' em I always say

Comment

I use'em, but I hate ebay/paypal.

Comment

Originally posted by pvluger View Post
            I use'em, but I hate ebay/paypal.

I use bought...
            I have to use it for find stuff i like . And E bay have much great items all over the world.

I have never having problems with my deals on E bay.

I use always shipping by Express delivery. That is the best for me with tracking code & insureance.Cost more........but the items arriwe very fast

Comment

I use 'em to pay for 3 foot long ivory carvings, the fur of dead baby seals clubbed to death in the Arctic, carbon dioxide gas emitters, AK-47 90 rd drum mags, German stuff........hmmmm and everything else I can think of which is not politcally correct

Comment

Originally posted by SwordFish View Post
                I use 'em to pay for 3 foot long ivory carvings, the fur of dead baby seals clubbed to death in the Arctic, carbon dioxide gas emitters, AK-47 90 rd drum mags, German stuff........hmmmm and everything else I can think of which is not politcally correct

Comment

Im still waiting to have my paypal account un-frozen by the paypal police! Its a long story but in a nut shell, a twat ripped me on a dagger, then informed paypal I was an evil seller of TR militaria and I must be stopped bla bla blal!! Lost the cash the dagger and my paypal account!! Still waiting to hear months later whats going on. and it seems they have forgotten about me!! Wankers!!

Comment

Originally posted by SwordFish View Post

Comment

Thats a good one Sword Fish!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rkhunter View Post
                        Im still waiting to have my paypal account un-frozen by the paypal police! Its a long story but in a nut shell, a twat ripped me on a dagger, then informed paypal I was an evil seller of TR militaria and I must be stopped bla bla blal!! Lost the cash the dagger and my paypal account!! Still waiting to hear months later whats going on. and it seems they have forgotten about me!! Wankers!!

Thats what I'm talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by rkhunter View Post

Sorry to hear that story

Who was the guy who ripped you off then ?

Comment

Yeah cheers LH 600, It has nothing to do with any forums! It was a private sale and the buyer was someone that I was put in contact with through a friend of a friend! I will see him at some stage in person and show him how evil I really am!!!!

Comment

Ridiculous policies , amazing

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X