Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoky SA Dagger

Hello all,

I recently purchased this one from the eStand and was very pleased when it arrived. It has the brown patina that only comes from years in a smoke-filled room. In some places the crossguards look like the plating lifted but if you touch those little bumps with your thumbnail they go away.

Anyway, the blade is really nice as is the rest of the dagger. Hilt is very slightly loose from wood shrinkage but I like the unturned pommel nut, that appears to be made of plated brass. The grip eagle looks to be nickel.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

No comments in five months.....guess I'm the only guy who likes this little untouched RZM.

Comment

Harvey, i like your SA. It is surely a nice unplayed with and uncleaned example. I love the patina on the fittings!!!!! Congrats mate, Johnno.

Comment

must be the anti smoking brigade, great sa, certainly shows what smoking can do

Comment

Nice

Very nice cross graining and I love the smokey patina,totally untouchedA really nice SA well done.
                        Regards,Ivan.

Comment

Great crossgrain with a great smokey patina which i like to see on good nick SA daggers, Congrats on your new edition, do know how i missed this one first time around................Cheers Scott.

Comment

DITTO....DITTO..............DITTO....my complements for leaving it alone....few have the smarts to just leave stuff as found....also to the seller...the same. People want to rationalize why they clean their stuff, but anymore i wont buy anything cleaned up, unless its cheap as cleaning stuff up , to me reduces the value as much as 30%.(IMO) If its minty when purchased its alright to maintain it for protection with non abrasive oil, or a silicone rag. 70% of all collectors just dont get it. When they see someone like me say this opinion...the always say......

Theres only one thing i notice im wondering about....Could the eagle have been replaced , as it doesnt look recessed in, rather it ppears its sitting up too high?? Also with a tiny chip out, do you feel when you look at it that it may have been replaced, as it seems if the eagle sits that high, it would have more wear on the eagle where it is raised above the grip surface not being at least flushed up to the wood surface level. Or is this an optical illusion from the photo? , anyway its nice....as is.
                            Last edited by juoneen; 07-16-2009, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Interesting and new anti smoking campaign.

As a collector of Third Reich era books...I am constantly smelling pipe tobacco from a very long time ago...some smells quite pleasant . But for daggers...tobacco seems to not to be a good match.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X