SandeBoetik

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I missing something on this Forum????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I missing something on this Forum????

I have been concentrating on my awards collection for a while, but have now decided to concentrate more on my daggers. I figured the dagger forum would be a good place to hang out.
    I was disappointed to find relatively little participation and discussion going on. It seems that new threads with questions would sit without responses, if Skip would not post. This inspite of lots of views. This must be discouraging to posters and the Moderator.
    It almost feels like stepping into the twilight zone. Is it bad form to post, or are dagger collectors just more secrative about their hobby?
    I had hoped to find inspiration and discussion on nice or unusual pieces.
    I will certainly hang around though, hoping that this is just a slow time.
    Wolfgang

Originally posted by wolfeknives View Post
    I have been concentrating on my awards collection for a while, but have now decided to concentrate more on my daggers. I figured the dagger forum would be a good place to hang out.
    I was disappointed to find relatively little participation and discussion going on. It seems that new threads with questions would sit without responses, if Skip would not post. This inspite of lots of views. This must be discouraging to posters and the Moderator.
    It almost feels like stepping into the twilight zone. Is it bad form to post, or are dagger collectors just more secrative about their hobby?
    I had hoped to find inspiration and discussion on nice or unusual pieces.
    I will certainly hang around though, hoping that this is just a slow time.
    Wolfgang
    Wolfgang i,ve noticed this as well on here it seems like nobody gives a monkeys anymore about posting there opinions maybe its the time of year who knows hopefully things will pick up soon.......Cheers Scott.

Comment

i would also like to see more people sharing info and opinions.There also seems to be very little interest in combat bayonets.

Comment

All the forums are slow now.
        Could it be the economy? Loss of interest?

Regards,
        wagner

Comment

some one buy me some nice hj knives and ill post them up for discussion maybe there isnt the spending going on, i havent bought any daggers for ages

Comment

While the economy may be bad, it hasn't really shown up on the estand as I haven't seen many collectors unloading their prime items. When there's not a lot being sold, there's not a lot to discuss. In the past it's taken the SOS in February (March this year) to get things rolling. Hopefully that will happen again.
            Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

There is no doubt in my mind that the economy is a factor with some of the lack of activity. It could also be the weather and a lot of the other seasonal variables as well.

That said, I think that Larry makes a good point. What I see being offered for sale (at least right now) for the most part are the "not quite ready for prime time" marginal pieces. FP

Comment

I might just have to bump up a few old threads, especially the ones that never got a response.

Comment

Sounds like a plan. I have been off the site for a while now.....but plan to spend this year getting back up to collecting speed. Looking forward to seeing some great daggers. And will post some of my opinions and thoughts as well.......be that as they are...lol.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X