Administrative Navy Dagger on Estand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Administrative Navy Dagger on Estand

I think this dagger needs to be discussed. It is a new one to me.
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=1#post3028689
    Wolfgang

Agreed...I don't buy silver-fittings-equal-Administrative thing. Administrative wore the same dagger as Line Officers, but with silver-fitted hangers. The one on the e-stand appears to be a Navy dagger that was plated or otherwise altered. Certainly not one for my collection

Best,
    SKip
    Last edited by Skipper Greenwade; 01-10-2009, 03:01 PM.

Comment

I can only agree with Skip.

Regards, Theo
      Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Did you guys still need shots or is it no good for sure? Thanks Tony

Comment

Shots are good so in the future it's not another "No Photo" thread.
          I'm also annoyed when posters remove their photos. Just ruins the whole thread.

Regards,
          -wagner-

Comment

I think the "Administartive" dagger stemmed from seeing period silver navy daggers which do exist. All the silver navys I have owned or examined were late war examples with steel scabbards and nickel plated potmetal fittings. These had a yellow/gold wash applied over the plating and were lacquered. This finish faded or wore away with time to reveal the silver base.

Yours however appears to be an early Eickhorn blade with mixed fittings. If it were a late period Eickhorn it would have the "over-the-shoulder" trademark. Eickhorn had distinctive fittings, the pommel is normally "heart" shaped and the crossguard langet is quite square. The plating looks more like chrome, but in any event was likely post-war and mixed period parts.

Red

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X