WKC HEER Fix or no fix???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WKC HEER Fix or no fix???

Christmas brought me a beautiful WKC army dagger, the only detractor is a slight bend/dent in the scabbard. Its not enough to stop the blade from going in and out but enough to hit the tip as it goes in. Would it be wise to leave it be or should I attempt to un-bend it and if so, can any of you fine gents pass on any tips on executing such a task?

Kindest regards,

Christopher, a picture would help. I never touch any of my daggers, but if the repair will prevent more damage it may be ok.
    Wolfgang

Comment

I personally dont store any edged weapons in their scabbards.

1)scabbards can be moisture traps.
      2)Chance of runner marks on the blade every time you remove it.

I sandwich my blades between acid free card to prevent dust and try to control the humidity at 50% to control rust.

The dent may be part of the dagger/scabbards history.Isnt a popular theory with dents to do with scabbards getting caught in railcar doors?

Thats me anyhow!

Comment

Ill post up some pictures tonight. Unfortunately, runner marks are already there despite me keeping it unsheathed. Ive never heard the railcar theory, thats interesting. Thanks guys! Pictures will follow.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I would say that a music instrument dealer would have the proper tools to fix this dent, I dont think it will cost a lot either. They are used to fixed dents on ie trumpets and tubas.

Comment

To tell you the truth Christopher, I would leave the scabbard as it is. The dent is not bad enough to significantly distract from the appearance of the dagger, and is part of it's history. I know that it is always nice to have a perfect piece in our collection, but if the repair is not done by someone who knows what they are doing, it could end up making it worse.
                  Wolfgang

Comment

Leave it as is.

Hello LordWinter,

I too would leave it as is. Like Keifer, I never store an edged weapon in a scabbard so that would not be an issue for me.

Regards,
                    Stu

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeknives View Post
                      ... but if the repair is not done by someone who knows what they are doing, it could end up making it worse.
                      Wolfgang
                      Which is exactly what I was afraid of. To tell you the truth, I tend to lean more towards the "used/almost salty" look, so leaving it is really no issue. Since my main concern was the the tip hitting it, I will simply, as you guys suggested, keep it unsheathed. Thanks gents, much appreciated!

cheers!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
                      X