Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help luft dagger 2nd model damascus

hello,

i know they are rare but seller tells me it is from his father and i know must buy the dagger not the story i know a litle from daggers but this is way to hard to tell for me hope you dagger guys can help me out on this one,maker mark is paul weyersberg
    much thanks for if you can help me out on this one,

best regards,fernando
    Last edited by fernando; 01-07-2009, 01:37 PM. Reason: edit maker

trying to post pics wont work

try it with links hope this works

Comment

hope this works,
      best regards, fernando
      Last edited by fernando; 01-07-2009, 11:02 AM. Reason: picture upload

Comment

Last edited by fernando; 01-07-2009, 11:18 AM. Reason: pic

Comment

dagger

Last edited by fernando; 01-07-2009, 11:17 AM. Reason: post pic

Comment

dagger

Comment

Based on these pictures, I would pass. These are heavily faked, so if you do get the dagger, make certain you have return privileges and get a lot of close-up photos posted here. The presentation Damascus pieces always scare me

Best,
              Skip

Comment

I completely agree with Skip. The damascus pattern looks very weak, though hard to judge from these photos. As well, the condition of the dagger and blade don't match. Damascus is very prone to corrosion, but this blade looks almost mint. the remainder of the dagger shows considerable wear and storage problems. To me the dagger somehow does not look right, it has that "put together" feeling about it. But that is just my first impression, and I have been wrong many times.
                As an aside, the hangers do not belong with this dagger.
                Wolfgang
                Last edited by wolfeknives; 01-08-2009, 06:46 AM.

Comment

I'm in agreement with Skip and Wolfgang. This dagger has too many "issues" from what I'm seeing also. FP

Comment

dagger

hello,
                    thanks for your reply's guys,yes the blade looks minty and the dagger totally not so i will pass this one too bad but with these daggers it's always to good to be true and that must set off some alarm bells :-) i really like these kind of daggers,so keeping up the hope to ever find one who is not priced over 3500,-or much more

thanks too all who have replyd to this thread!!!

best regards,fernando

Comment

Difficult to assess from pics but looks like etched blade that has a heavily
                      faked pattern,Does not match overall and would not be for me.
                      Seiler.

Comment

While I believe the blade is post war, the hangers scare me more. What a messed up set IMO,
                        Ron Weinand

Comment

dagger

hello,

i asked for better pics of the blade and didn't get them till now
                          he keep's saying it is org.and from his father well don't believe it
                          thanks guys for your kind help
                          i will leave that dagger where it is

best regards,fernando

Comment

I agree this dagger is probably a fake considering the many red flags that surrounding it. But IMO it is otherwise impossible to judge a fake damascus blade only based on such poor pictures.

Regards, Theo
                            Freedom is not for Free

Comment

It is for sure not a true damascus blade, Nothing more to say....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X