Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help on 84/98 III made up for Parade

Hi all,

I have a chance to buy this Bajonett. The source is someone who doesnt have alot knowledge on militaria and the price is quite cheap, I just tell this to have an open opinion about the piece.

I wanted to ask if it was possible for an Export 84/98 to end up like that ?
    The seller said it has no makers mark, only the number and letter on the head and something that looks like a circle, R. H. or M. 7 on the crossguard.

Does that make any sence ? I believe the piece is untouched, at least for quite some time.

Any opinion is welcome

Jens
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hello, Your piece looks like a export piece to Portugal or Spain, but i dont see the mentioned stamp on crossguard. The frog is probably not german. best regards,Andy

Comment

Many thanks Andy. I dont see the other stamp either, he just mentioned that there is this stamp just before the blade starts
            Is it possible that an Export model like this ends up in the WH ? Or is it then postwar altered ?

Thanks Jens

Comment

Hello, this sample has a added LW eagle which was done probably postwar, the frog i for me of unknown type, maybe a origin of Portugal, the knot is german. best regards.Andy

Comment

I agree with Andy. Walk away from this bayonet. The frog is not German, the Troddel is not Luftwaffe, the grip eagle has been added, and the bayonet is an export. Not correct, IMHO.

Comment

Thanks alot guys. I will stay away. I just thought I would ask because the source is very good (from a house cleaning) and it should only costs some 60 €.
                  Most probably it was build up after the war by a vet or someone.

Thanks alot, Jens

Comment

I believe the price could be ok as the knot is about 20 Eur. best regards,Andy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X