What do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think?

I purchased this about 8 years ago. It appears to be a WWII bayonet with a WWI knife scabbard. I've heard everything from soldier made to armorer made. What do you folks think? I can't even begin to tell you how well balanced it is in your hand. I was in the Marines for 10 years and I would of easily taken this into the field with me. It's feels that nice in your hand!

Last edited by Brad McDaniel; 12-17-2008, 03:08 PM. Reason: add more info.

It is a cut down K98 bayonet, and what looks like the sheath for a Hitler Youth knife. Just my opinion about the sheath, but I know for a fact that it is a K98 bayonet. Sorry to hear that you have to sell of your collection... Good luck!

Comment

Yes corectly identified, looks like the bayonet was made by Mundlos in 1936, under code S/244, the serial number is removed? best regards.Andy

Comment

scabbard is similar to a hj knife but it looks to me like a fighting knife/boot knife scabbard and not hj.

nice set up good luck with the sales

Comment

IMO the scabbard is from a German fighting knife
          The World Needs Peace

Interesting photo archive: http://www.lostbulgaria.com

Comment

Originally posted by Theodor View Post
            IMO the scabbard is from a German fighting knife
            So it is, WW One

Comment

Andy the only other number showing is 57 on the opposite side of the blade. Thanks for the input guys. This is my favorite equipment piece that I have. It's not perfect, but it's got that "been there, done that" feeling to it. I wish it could talk!
              Last edited by Brad McDaniel; 12-17-2008, 03:06 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X