Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayonet help!

Hello!

I'll keep this one short; What do you think about this bayonet? I know its very old and rusty but I find that very interresting I hope that it is a german world war 2, of course

As you can see both the steel and the leather are worn out, any tips to make them last longer, with oil and stuff?

I have looked for any types of markings and the only thing I could find was at the lower part of the blade, something that looked like a "T".

Any help would be great!

//Isak

Hello, You have there a rusty 98k german bayonet, there should be the maker and serial number on ricasso. best regards,Andy

Comment

Okey!

Any tips now on how to make it look newer, polishing or oiling the leather?

Comment

Anything visible on ricasso of the bayonet? best regards,Andy

Comment

Well, I can only see something that looks like a "T" on the ricasso, that I tried to show with the red marker, quite hard to see...

//Isak

Comment

Look at the other side of the blade for the maker. What you are showing is the serial number, upside down. Your T is an upside down 1, the serial appears to start with a 7. There is not much you can/should do to improve condition. Just some oil or grease. DonĀ“t sand, leave it as is.

Comment

Okey I will look at it later when I can
              Thank you very much for your help!!

//Isak

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X