Heer Dagger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer Dagger

My good friend wants to buy this dagger. I told him wait untill experts says "Yes". So, is it "Yes" or "No"?

How about some photos of the entire blade and include a shot of hte maker's mark.
    Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Larry,Thanks man and I take it as a positive comment.No more pics, I also think it is a good one

Comment

That's really a tough one to provide a whole lot of comment on. The angles at which the photos were taken is very deceiving. We really don't have alot of contrast for looking at various areas of fit which could rule out or implicate a piece as a parts dagger. No MM..and the photo of the blade is really minimal at best. I really think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who's gonna sign off on a blade when we can only see a fraction of it and no MM to compare to. There's alot of repro Heer and 2nd Luft blades floating around out there and some are surprisingly well made. It gets tricky. We've got repro/good pieces floating around out there like Atwoods, others that were mish-moshed years ago and have even wear and age patina as such. With prices these days and some very decent repro Heers, i tend to tread very lightly. Daggers are a risk..their not quite as technical in manufacturering process as sabers, and certainly there are not nearly as many Heer dagger configurations from the different makers as there are varients on the Heer saber. Because of the "Heer sabels" process of assembly requires various forms of tooling, peening, etc., typically if a simple Army sword has been fiddled with, we'll, or at least, I'll know.

Making the short answer hideously long, I'm with Larry. I wouldn't buy it based on the pics. It may be 100% original and fine, but with plain-Jane photos like these, it's really difficult to glean an opinion of authenticity from it.

Either way, it does look nice. Some of the better repros out there are quite capable of display is a collection for someone who lacks the capital to buy legitimate pieces.....and on that same note, there are alot of collections out there with repros or parts daggers coming out the gills...and the owners are clueless. They'll be in for a nasty treat when it comes time for them to sell (unless they find another clueless person)

Comment

By these pictures alone, and are the only ones provided to sell this dagger, I say no way.

Comment

Please don't take my statement as an endorsement of authenticity. The intent was to reserve any comment until better photos were available.
            Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Looks like nice early E-Pack 1st fittings to me, the same fittings are used on early Heller army daggers amongst others. I cannot comment on the blade based on those pictures and I would have expected the earlier grip styleeeee but reproduction the fittings are not

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X