Opinions on MP34 bayonet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on MP34 bayonet

Hi all, not sure if this is real, fake, post war, the real deal I dont know. It is in mint condition and looks like the real deal. But I know nowt about bayonets so I would like the opinions of the experts

Thanks guys

PS did they do a frog for this bayonet? If so what did they look like?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by regiment739 View Post
              Hi all, not sure if this is real, fake, post war, the real deal I dont know. It is in mint condition and looks like the real deal. But I know nowt about bayonets so I would like the opinions of the experts

Thanks guys

PS did they do a frog for this bayonet? If so what did they look like?
              The bayonet you show is the proper one for the MP34. These were made for export to Portugal along with the MP34s sold to them by Germany prior to and during the war. These bayonets were altered by Simson & Company so they would fit on the barrel and perforated sleeve of the machine pistol. They were worn in a black leather frog with a V notch and a strap and buckle across the top of the V to retain the frog stud. These frogs were generally marked with a large Portuguese cross moline and the letters "L.P." to indicate Portuguese issue.

Comment

Many thanks for that info, it is just the ticket, would you happen to have a picture of the frog so I know what i am looking for?

Thanks

Comment

I can't post pictures here but you can see the bayonet and the frog on page 226 of "Seitengewehr; History of the German Bayonet 1919-1945."

Comment

Many thanks mucker

Comment

Hello, very nice MP34 bayonet, but i believe these were made from older M1904 Verquiero bayonets with shortening the tang, adding higher ring crossguard. best regards,Andy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,307 at 01:56 PM on Today.

Working...
                      X