SA dagger "Max Weyersberg Solingen" marked blade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA dagger "Max Weyersberg Solingen" marked blade

Hey fellas, I am away from home and have just purchased a very nice, early anodized scabbard and nickle fitted SA dagger. Thing is, I can't find any information on the type maker mark that is on this particular dagger. The blade is simply marked "Max Weyersberg Solingen", no logo, no rzm number or other marks etc. It will be a day or two before I get home to put up any pictures so in the mean time can anyone tell me anymore about this particular blade and maker?

Thanks,

Chuck

Early SA Dagger Manufacturer

An early SA with a rather scarce, but not rare, manufacturer. Max Weyersberg was also known on other daggers as WMW (Waffenfabrik Max Weyersberg) and made rare NPEA Daggers along with Eickhorn and Horster (Burgsmuller marked) NPEA Daggers.
    Ron Weinand

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Weinand View Post
      An early SA with a rather scarce, but not rare, manufacturer. Max Weyersberg was also known on other daggers as WMW (Waffenfabrik Max Weyersberg) and made rare NPEA Daggers along with Eickhorn and Horster (Burgsmuller marked) NPEA Daggers.
      Ron Weinand
      Ron,

Thank you for your explanation. I was able to find the WMW mark but not his name alone. I appreciate your help.

Regards,

Chuck

Comment

WMW Trademarks

For some reason, WMW only used the written out style on the early SAs. I have had a couple over the years and have not seen the WMW logo one on SA Daggers.
        Ron Weinand

Comment

This is the same mark, albeit on a bayonet.
          Attached Files

Comment

Here's a collage of this dagger.

Chuck
            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X