Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a SS Bayonet & is it real?

Any help with this bayonet.
    The sell claims it to be an SS Bayonet, but as I'm still very 'green' in this area I would appreciate any help or advice.
    My apologies for the low quality of the pictures, but they are as I've received them from the seller.

bayonet

The bayonet is not specifically an SS bayonet.There is nothing on it that I could see that would indicate that it is. SS marked bayonets are very rare and most available today are not authentic. The blade etching is the standard type available to military members for rememberance of their service. I'm sure you will get more comments.

Comment

Originally posted by John Allen View Post
      The bayonet is not specifically an SS bayonet.There is nothing on it that I could see that would indicate that it is. SS marked bayonets are very rare and most available today are not authentic. The blade etching is the standard type available to military members for rememberance of their service. I'm sure you will get more comments.
      I absolutely agree with John. This is not an SS bayonet. The pictures arent quite good enough for me to tell if its an authentic period decent etch, or a postwar copy etch on a good bayonet.

Josh

Comment

Better photos would be needed to make a definite determination re: originality, but it is not an "SS" bayonet. Be careful with this one...the Holler maker-mark always gives me cause for concern. Also, if the seller provided you with the pictures, I would be curious why - if he's trying to sell the bayonet - he didn't send better ones.

Best,
        Skip

Comment

Agree with John. Here is a link which might be useful to your questions: http://www.old-smithy.info/bayonets/Fake_Bayonets1.htm

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
          X