SA RZM Worth Adding to collection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA RZM Worth Adding to collection?

This is a dagger in australia which means no import permit or high postage fees that said is it worth buying, someone suggested may be a parts dagger but I cant see it, what do you see?
    cheers robert
    Attached Files

Sa Dagger

Crossguard
    Attached Files

Comment

SA Dagger

motto
      Attached Files

Comment

SA Dagger

Scabbard
        Attached Files

Comment

SA Dagger

Attached Files

Comment

SA Dagger

Makers number
            Attached Files

Comment

I see a few red flags. The crossguards and grip are poorly formed and rounded with bad fit. The blade spine wavers and the motto position is too far down the blade for this type. Looks like a total repro to me...

Red

Comment

they look like early fittings with rzm blade... or is it just having not put my contact lenses in yet

Comment

SA Dagger

yeah I noticed the crossguards thought they may have been plated ones with no lifting I bought one from Lakesider with perfect plating and they were shiny like these. The fittings look a little mismatched maybe I also my better glasses. The eagle looks like its been gouged at or is it just wear to the handle. The blade appears to have a sharp 'spine' or sharper than other SAs I have owned. Im curious to what others think, I have more photographs but they dont show anything not shown.
                  cheers Robert

Comment

The scabbard looks to have the anodized finish. If it does, I would expect the dagger to have an earlier, maker-marked blade. (Most, if not all, RZM-marked daggers will have painted scabbards)

Hope that helps!
                    Skip

Comment

I would not buy it ,for my collection.

Comment

I just got a sense of deja vu from looking at this one. Unless im losing my mind, I believe it was posted by someone else here on the forum before. Guess its still around for sale. I dont like the looks of it- I'll try to see if i can find the old thread on it and you can read the other comments there.

Josh

Update: Sorry, couldnt find the thread. But my final .02 is that it looks to be of mixed parts at the very least.
                        Last edited by Josh B.; 11-08-2008, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Sa Dagger

Josh its funny how bad pennies always turn up again or something similar, bad items float from collector to collector whilst good ones often find a home even if only for a short period. I thought it was sus but it doesnt hurt to get other opinions and or possibly warn other potential buyers as the seller is probably still trying to sell it off.
                          cheers Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X