HJ Kanife RZM 7/72 Opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ Kanife RZM 7/72 Opinion

I found a new HJ Kanife RZM 7/72, it's a bit in bad conditions.

Thanks.

whats with the red dot covering the swastika? if you are offended and dont want to see it well then why are you on a collectors forum called wehrmacht awards we are all grown ups here and dont see these items as political.................that being said nice knife alot better than mine
    regards

Comment

The red dot is necessary to put this image on Ebay. Cheers

Comment

Slightly bad condition. Not sure this would even make for a fishing bait knife. If it can be had for $20 fine..but certainly not much more. Certainly retains the "been there" look...that's for sure.

Comment

Genuine late war with zinc hilt/fingerguard RZM marked only hj knife that looks as if its been lying in a damp/wet garage or wooden shed for the last 10yrs or so leaving it in very salty condition.........cheers scott.

Comment

I agree, looks original, but the condition is quite bad. I would pass and save up for something better.

Comment

certainly been sat somewhere very damp, but it goes to show what a good job the scabbard has done, the blade isnt anywhere near the rest of the condition.

its still cool, but could also be a cracking cheap set of grips and diamond for a restoration project

would that even be a 'oliver twist' its pretty shagged

Comment

Originally posted by johnhouldsworth View Post
                whats with the red dot covering the swastika? if you are offended and dont want to see it well then why are you on a collectors forum called wehrmacht awards we are all grown ups here and dont see these items as political.................that being said nice knife alot better than mine
                regards
                I took the photo of auctions web page where i bought the HJ knife.

Comment

It is good for a restoration project.

I bought it at low cost.

thansk.

Comment

No. Not a viable restoration project. Since you purchased it a low price, i'd just keep it as a relic piece. To restore the piece will require both sunstantial amounts of labor and finances..beside, restoring HJs are not the easiest pieces to rebuild.

Comment

I will Dismantle the knife, remove all oxido, repaint the sheath, clear the plastic pieces, polish the diamond and i will take the handle to chromed again.

Is a idea!!!

Comment

dont forget to take piccis throughout the process! keep us updated i'd love to see them what did ya get it for? i picked up a similar condition hj few months ago, think i paid £40 i'll dig out the piccies , although its not quite as bad as this one, still been sat somewhere very wet but the blade took the worst

Comment

Originally posted by txuko View Post
                          I will Dismantle the knife, remove all oxido, repaint the sheath, clear the plastic pieces, polish the diamond and i will take the handle to chromed again.

Is a idea!!!
                          Take Swordfish (Toms) advice and leave it as a relic peice seeing you got it cheap anyway......its near impossible to remove the griplates without destroying the rivets you,ll only waste the hj knife imo.......regards scott.

Comment

As others have said, I think this is best left as it is. You run the risk of damaging the plates and diamond when removing them, and you'll need to find original rivets to replace the existing ones. The scabbard looks badly pitted, and re-painting it likely won't look too good. You'll also have to find an original leather hanger and rivets. There's nothing wrong with having some relics in a collection and there are plenty of good conditioned knives around. There's a few on the e-stand now worth looking at.

Regards
                            Russ

Comment

Originally posted by txuko View Post
                              Probably not a great idea IMO, the condition is a bit rough yes, but at least what you have there is original. After you start messing around with it you will probably do more harm than good. It is your knife, you may do as you please, but why not preserve the history?

Just wipe it down with a clean t-shirt, and call it a day

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X