Carl Heidelberg SA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carl Heidelberg SA

Hi there. I'm fairly new to collecting at at the age of eighteen, I'd say I've got quite a while to keep on collecting At the moment, I've got a few flags, two Heer Army Daggers, a Swedish Sawback Bayonette in mint condition(I'd like to say so atleast ), and a few other miscellaneous items.

I recently acquired this and I'm hoping I don't get too addicted so soon!

Please let me know what you all think. I've read that the "P" denotes SA Gruppe "Pommern", but what can I learn about the "Br. 10. 829"? Also, can anyone tel me a bit more about the maker Carl Heidelberg? I was unable to find much information regarding.

If more photos are needed, please let me know!

Andrew

Nice dagger I can't tell you much about the numbers stamped on the crossguard ( Br. stands for "Brigade" I guess), but Carl Heidelberg is a rare maker, 6/10 points on rarity scale.

Comment

Andrew a very nice SA dagger you got yourself there nice maker mark too Carl Heidelberg with the "Beer Bottles logo" Congrats .....Scott.

Comment

Originally posted by 777 View Post
        Nice dagger I can't tell you much about the numbers stamped on the crossguard ( Br. stands for "Brigade" I guess), but Carl Heidelberg is a rare maker, 6/10 points on rarity scale.
        Interesting. No wonder I could find hardly any information What exactly determines the rarity? The total numbers produced or what?

Andrew

Comment

Andrew
          Fishers reference rates your dagger as scarce with an estimated 4000 made and gau stamped Ns orWf, it is well worth investing in the 4 volume reference
          Regards steve

Comment

Beautiful dagger and uncommon maker... very nice!

Regards; Theo
            Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Nice SA!!

Comment

Thanks for the kind words all.

Does anyone here have an idea if any information can be gathered from the markings "Br. 10. 829."?

I've been curious for days now!

Andrew

Comment

A really nice SA dagger. Good looking motto, and a rare maker to boot. Well done.

Andrew, if you don't get enough responses to your brigade marking, you may want to consider posting the dagger in the SA/NSKK section dedicated to these specific daggers on GD.com. Not all members there frequent WAF. There are some guys who strictly collect SA/NSKK daggers and they can probably provide some better insight than i'm able to.

Again, nice piece. Congrats.

Tom
                  Last edited by SwordFish; 11-07-2008, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,307 at 01:56 PM on Today.

Working...
                  X