brown Puma scabbard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brown Puma scabbard?

hey Guys, Glenn here. Ill be the first to admit although I like Puma fighting knives Im not an expert on them. I unfortunately dont have a pic but there is a Puma knife that is definitely the real deal. (this I know) and the scabbard is the typical style you always see accompanied with these knives but the color is not the standard glossy black. this one has a brownish patina with a black clip. has anyone ever ran across such an example. perhaps just a variation? any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. thanks, Glenn

everytime I ask a Puma question its like pulling teeth to get a response. c'mon Guys, I know theres many of you out there with knowledge and viewing experience on these. please PM me if you dont want to state your comments publicly. Ill even take personal thoughts even if theyre not concrete evidence. I personally have never seen an example with a brownish patina body yet retaining the standard glossy black clip before. yet it looks unmolested to me. anyone... Glenn

Comment

It might be time to change the squirrels on the treadmill. Id suggest to write to wittman. He may have some information for you. Hes a nice guy, but the soldier could have done it out of camoflage considerations, black does tend to stand out in some situations.If its cheep and in good shape, and you like it, ..it might be worth buying. Only you can decide, so how much do they want?All mine are black.

Comment

thanks Juoneen. I will try to write Him next time. it went for $200.00. actually a good price but I also do feel the scabbards should be black. I was just wondering if anyone saw a variation like this one. I prefer to stay with known examples. but thanks again for the tip and response. Glenn

Comment

Hi, Glenn !

A fightin´-knife´s scabbard with brownish patina and a black clip ?

I´ve never heard ´bout something like that ...

But:

Years ago a farmer sold me for almost nothing two bayonets.
          In his stable he found an Mannlicher Ersatzbajonett and an SG 84/98 3rd pattern.
          He told me, it´s only possible, that this are bringback´s from his father.

The scabbard of the German "Duty"-Bayonet was furnished in red-brown ...

All is possible ...

Regards,

Reibert

Comment

thanks for the interesting story Reibert. Glenn

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X