Dress axe'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dress axe'

Hai! does anyboy identify this one as a german TR dress dagger? maybe police fireman service? any comments welcome, thanks in advance.

It is a standarrd German Feuerwehr plain dress axe with a sword grip insignia added. The photo is not good enough to tell if the insignia is original.

Comment

betterview

Comment

I still can't tell much I am afraid. If the insignia is original it was either added by the owner or it was added after the war. The axe did not come from the factory with this insignia.

Comment

I only have these photos from selller, two other views:

Comment

Hmmm... I see the insignia is attached with a screw and the 1942 date is inconsistent with original markings I have seen on edged weapons. I would not buy this axe if it were me.

Comment

Hai! Thanks Schupo for the comments, I asked the seller for a better photo of the eagle, I just received it with a photo of another axe he had which is very similar in the shape. also I posted some of the explanations he gave about this piece:

(These axes were given single man or a whole platoon for special merits or long duty.

The configuration of the axes was that of the kind they used in normal dutiy, but they were nickel plated , sometimes decorated ( picture),sometimes you will find metal shields on the pin with engravings or other decoration .

There was no rule or prescriptions how to decorate.
              They were simply wall hangers.
              That item in my possession I got from an old member of the local fire brigade about 1960.

Had it restored(polished,new colour of the handle and redone the plating of the metal on the handle, because in the course of the time the plating was worn out and the brass body overweighing.
              I send a picture in better solution of the eagle.
              This eagle is of the typical police eagle form of the third reich , but somewhat wider tha those used on the bayonets.)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X