Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early NSKK?

Gentlemen,
    After a brief conversation with my friends father-in law I was introduced to this NSKK he bought from a vet quite some time ago. Based off my research it appears to be an early marker, with glossy black paint on the sheath. I have two questions about the piece.
    First is this an early piece and if so around what time?
    Second what is the absolute lowest and highest amount this piece could go for?
    He is willing to sell it to me for a fraction of what it is really worth, he just wants to know prices for GP.
    Thanks
    Rob

xgj

For the condition that the blade is in, I wouldn't worry about if it's an early or late piece. The corrosion on the backside of the blade is really horrible and is going to affect it's resale value forever. If you really have to have an NSKK, I would keep looking. It's an earlier period manufactured piece, but I don't think it would be worth more then $500 tops on the real world market of Third Reich commodities. I feel it is only good for parts. I personally wouldn't pay more for this particular piece than $200, but that's just me. Better pictures of the maker are also needed.
    Tim

Comment

!!

And there is a military show coming up on the 11th of October, Saturday , at the Crown Point, Indiana Fairgrounds. Go to the show and look around. Bring the father-in-law and his dagger with and you'll see that I know what I am talking about in this case. The damage to the blade on the back is worse then the front, but the front isn't anything to write home about either. Storage is an essential part in the care of anything and this must have been left in a shed, an attic, a cellar or somewhere where the humidity went up and down along with the temperature, causing the resulting damage. A pity, really.
      Tim

Comment

Yes the blade is obviously trashed.
        On the + side, outside of the crack by the hilt, the grip and emblems look good, the scabbard, while peeling, looks problem free, and all the fittings nice.
        I agree with about $500 tops as we speak, I could see myself paying $350 or so for it, easy.
        It is still a bonafide historical weapon, and its value will still climb, in pace with other TR militaria ... [Assuming there is no further deterioration of the blade].

I think at this stage it would be a shame to part it out, even though you could possibly get more for it as parts.

Comment

Nskk Dagger

It's a shame about the condition of the blade as it appears to be by Emil Schrick (9) a very rare maker.
          Best wishes,
          Ian

Simplydaggers

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X