2 new additions of mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 new additions of mine

i recently got this K98 bayonet from a member here- matching #s 2606 on the blade and scabbard, and maker marks 43 CVL

i really like this bayonet and scabbard. the frog is very strong, good stitching, dated 1942

only curiosity i have about this, is on the crossguard-at the bottom edge / sharper edge of the blade- there appears to be grinding done to the cross guard, i dont know if you can see from the pictures, just a slight angle. any opinions to that? anyways, here are the crappy pics

next is a short model dress bayonet, maker- Robert Klaas - Solingen with the 2 cranes symbol, locking mechanism works perfect, still has red felt in the bayonet lug channel. the blade has never been sharpened, and just has some smudges from the scabbard. the scabbard and frog are in some of the best condition i have ever seen. almost too nice! i picked it up off of Epay for $138+ shipping.

here are some more crappy pics for you to view!

i bought the K98 bayonet to go with my mostly matching #s vet bring back K98 rifle which was sporterized then saved and restored. repro sling, sight hood and cleaning rod

ive always loved the look of the parade bayonets, just makes me think of the propaganda, or the "elite" side of the German military.

thanks for viewing!

Comment

so, thumbs up or thumbs down? opinions/ thoughts ?

Comment

Hmm

I really like the short KS98, as simple as it may be. Nice one. I cannot speak for the rest, but they do look nice too. Good job.

JAN

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X