Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion regarding this Alcoso Police baionet

Dear friends,

I had the possibility to purchase this baionet, however some points puzzeled me, so I let this one go away..

It appears to be an Alcoso Baionet, this one doesn't seem to be a reussied Weimar's baionet as the blade seem not to be shortened.

What I disliked on this baionet are the following things:

1° The SB 4268 Marking, this appeared too clean to me, the baionets I had in my hands had systematicaly some black dirt in the depht of their markings. As fakes haven't any marking of this type, I assumed it was recently done.

2° I never saw this kind of Alcoso logo on a Police Baionet, in addition, an other logo should be applied on the other side of the blade. Here it is missing.

The problem is that most of the references I own or I could find are Weimar's era modified baionets, I havn't a lot of experience with this model. I know that WKC bajonets of this type are extensively copied.

Has anybody a skilled opinion on this baionet? This would really interest me.

Best regards

Last edited by Maxblast; 08-29-2008, 03:21 PM.

Bayo looks fine to me. There were short and long police bayos, typically as you stated originating from Imperial and Weimar times. I'd refer to this one as a long, slotted bayo.

Don't know about the knot though.

Comment

I have to agree, I think the bayonet looks fine form the pictures. I don't see any problem with the stampings, sometimes they're filled with gunk & sometimes they're not, I think that's just how it goes. I don't remember seeing this particular mark on a Polizei piece before but that isn't dispositive one way or the other.

The fact the blade isn't a cut down means it was ikely manufactured in the 3R zeit instead of being a reissued (& subsequently cut down) Weimar bayonet. The blade looks to be roughly the size the cut down ones are. Is it about 13"? A nice looking slotted bayonet IMO, how much was the seller looking for on it?

Comment

This particular Alcoso trademark is usually one we see on 3rd reich material which explains the non-cutdown type blade. In short, produced during the 3rd reich. By the way this is a real nice piece and I too would by it myself.

Comment

Many thanks for your feedbacks...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X