These are neat...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are neat...

..... in that they span 2 different era of German Police history. Starting out initially during the Weimiar Period, and then re-issued and used during the 3rd Reich. Per Himmlers orders after he took contol of the German Police, these stag gripped bayonets were cut down from their original length, new scabbards made, and the Imperial German emblem replaced by the Nazi 3rd Reich one. Although I've had a handful of these over the years, none more prettier than this one. I do have a couple of collectors in mind for the piece, but if they pass, it will be listed in the classifieds. JR
    Attached Files

P2
    Attached Files

Comment

P3
      Attached Files

Comment

P4
        Attached Files

Comment

P5
          Attached Files

Comment

P6
            Attached Files

Comment

Very nice JR, I too have taken a liking to these and have picked up seven of these over the summer. I want more, like everything else.

Comment

Nice example. I sold mine a few years back.

Comment

Sh#t double posted as the site crashed again white screen .....scott.
                  Last edited by sweezz; 08-26-2008, 01:56 PM.

Comment

JR i love these police bayos still to get hold of one for the collection though one day hopefully along with an SS dagger ....Cheers Scott.

Comment

As Eddie and others can attest, it's difficult to find one of these with a nice straight scabbard, matching stag, straight emblem, and blade plating that didn't shell out when they were modified. This one has it all, in my opinion for that beautiful example.

Comment

The accountability numbers and letters on these pieces were done during the Weimar Period and didn't relate to the 3rd Reich era. Many times these are ground or missing from these Police Bayos.

Comment

And these babies are heafty.................. pull your drawers clear down if you weren't careful.

Comment

Especially on the non cut down versions which are approximately 3 to 4 inches longer than these ! Real whoppers!

Comment

WOW! A great looking Police Bayo JR! - Congrats!

-wagner-

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X