Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on Eickhorn dagger markings.

Hello,
    I am curious on how many different maker marks Eickhorn had on different daggers, from early war to late war... if anyone can post some pics of the different Eickhorn maker marks it would be interesting to see.. for example, the Eickhorn mark on an SA dagger sure is different than on heer or naval daggers.. then there seems to be different variations on the Squirrel, looking forward, backward. Thanks for any help.
    Van

I found this site, good information...
    http://germandressdaggers.com/Maker%20marks.htm

Comment

One of the Johnson "Collecting the Edged Weapons of the TR" volumes has nice coverage of the evolution of the Eickhorn trademark over time- including pre and post war marks.

Josh

Comment

Eickhorn maker marks

Van
        You show a link to a site that seems good. Trouble is the Eickhorn markings shown omit two important marks and the next listed marks by TIGER omit 4 marks Tiger used. There are many examples on this site of maker mark ommissions that were used by many different makers. That site is no where near the definitive answer to the question. Falls a ways short doing that.
        Using Johnson is as far off the real number used as is the 1st site you direct us to. Each can only be used as a starting point.......
        DJ

Comment

I kind of thought so, thats why I was asking for some pictures of different makers and what blades they were on, to see what is out there... Thanks for the replies so far....
          Van

Comment

I'm sure this will cause a little discussion but I know that this mark was used in the very earliest 3rd Reich period on certain types of daggers to include this pattern No 1059 Forestry hirschfänger, I know that it was extensively used in their Weimar production but this specific pattern is not listed in the 1932/33 Eickhorn hunting/Forestry catalouge. It's a start anyway, hopefully we can tie down all the Eickhorn marks used and be able to give an approximate date for them as I'm sure especially within the early 3rd Reich period Eickhorn used up their stamps until they were worn out, hence some very strange marks on some early daggers. I would certainly like to see any other early marks, perhaps other Weimar period marks that can also be attributed to 3rd reich daggers.
            This picture is courtesy of The Old Brigade and is on their current listings.

Gary
            Attached Files

Comment

Here's another very early Eickhorn mark, very similar to the marks used on early Eickhorn army daggers, this mark again is on a very early 3rd Reich hunting dagger(called a Waidblatt). The blade on this piece is over 2" wide and this mark is a small double oval.

Gary
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Saufaenger kid; 06-17-2008, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Very nice, and different than any of the ones I have seen, thanks for posting...
                Van

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X