Minty Army "picken stick" Saber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minty Army "picken stick" Saber

My latest Army addition. This one is about as minty as Heer sabers come. Nice and complete with original green/silver knot, and brown leather teardrop hanger. This one came straight to me from a middleman who tracked it down from a vet. The gilt is almost 100%, scabbard paint is nearly 100% as well. This one required only a coat of museum grade wax for preservations. I typically will coat the WHOLE piece, blade, hilt, grip, scabbard, hanger and so on.

In this condition, these are getting VERY hard to find. I havn't seen many decent conditioned Heer sabers on the auction sites and havn't had any come in through ads in the paper. It almost seems that the once thought of endless well is becoming dry.

This Clemen and Jung, although not considered "rare", is definitely scarce in this particular configuration. Add to it the condition clearly makes this girl a winner.
    Attached Files

Uno mas.

Not too many of us Army saber collectors out there. Just thought i'd share.

t
    Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Thanks a real Gem SwordFish.
        You don't find them that mint in the "bushes" anymore. Congrats!

-wagner-

Comment

Thanks for the nice words friends. Decent stuff has all but dissappeard from the market ( i guess JR has it all ). Really getting tough to find nice pieces. I've been railroaded from my saber collection goal due to my nagging problem of trying to finish my KM badge collection.

On a side note (since I don't want to creat an additional thread) did you guys see the re-release of SA/NSKK like daggers by Boker? Someone had started a thread at GD on these specific pieces.
          http://daggers.infopop.cc/eve/forums...3/m/2700014055
          Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful Swordfish!

Comment

Would like to have one of those Boker as a letter opener if they are not too expensive..

Comment

I guess those Bokers are retailing for around $350ish.

Comment

Too rich for a letter opener...I'd rather forward that kind of dough towards the real deals.

Comment

Agreed. I wonder how long it's going to be until one of these Bokers becomes an M33? The dagger has clear "give-aways" but it could be enough to seal a deal on eBay from some unsuspecting, less experienced collector.

Comment

Yeah, we might as well start taking notes on this new fake variant.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X