Dress Bayonet 1939 J.sch.owner Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dress Bayonet 1939 J.sch.owner Question

DEAR FELLOW MEMBERS WHILE CLEARING OUT MY CLOSET AND GETTING READY TO MOVE,I CAME ACCROSS THIS BAYONET.I BOUGHT IT ABOUT 10 YEARS AGO AND WONDERED DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFORMATION ABOUT IT? THERE IS A NAME J.SCH AND A DATE 1939 AND A SERIAL NUMBER 1515 AND A SMALL d BELOW THE 1515 NUMBER.IT ALSO HAS A WAFFEN STAMP WHICH IS VERY SMALL AND LOOKS LIKE IT IS WaA15. IT IS ABOUT 15 1/2 INCHES LONGTHANKS FOR YOUR HELP.STEPHEN.
    Attached Files

Serial Number And Name

Serial Number And Name
    Attached Files

Comment

Closer Look At Serial Number.

Sorry Guys I Should Have Checked The Clarity Before I Posted The Last Picture.thanks.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Stephen, I can tell you that the plated finish was added post war. This was a popular thing done by or for GI's. This is a combat bayonet, pity about the plating, as it has matching serial numbers to the bayonet/scabbard.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thanks Ade

Dear Ade,
          Thank You For Your Reply.i Thought That It Was A Bit Flashy For The German Army.it Looks Great And As You Say Has Matching Numbers And His Name.i Wonder If I Could Look This Soldier Up Somewhere? Thanks Again,stephen

Comment

Hi Stephen, no way of knowing who was issued with it, bar coming across the man's paybook and the odds of that are 99.9% impossible.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

J Sch. is de maker's name,I have a similar one,but I do not know the full name,or where it was located,but it's just the name of the maker of this bayonet.

Kind regards,Jeremy

Comment

It´s Jeter & Scheerer, Tuttlingen

Here in Austria you can find this overworked bayonet´s, per example, in traditional Rifle-Companies, ("Schützenvereine").

They´re using such bayonet´s out of WWII, WWI and before.

Comment

Here Is The J.sch Stamp And Date

Thank You So Much For All The Replys.the J.sch Being The Makers Name Now Makes Total Sense.thanks Again Stephen.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Jetter & Scheerer were producers of medical/surgical instruments under the trademark Aesculap. The standard of workmanship even on their bayonets is what can be expected of a producer of surgical instruments. Bayonet production at Jetter & Scheerer ceased in 1941. You may be familiar with German dress daggers with the Aesculap trademark. In 1969 the company was renamed Aesculap Werke (Aesculap Works).

Company history: http://www.bbraun.com/index.cfm?uuid...CER_AUTOLINK&&

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X