Bayonet K98?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayonet K98?

Hello i have this bayonet the knife and the sheath are numbered together and also on the knife is the number 39 wich must mean the year of product, on the leather however there is the date 1942 wich means that it was replaced? also on the leather there are other letters i cant really make out does someone know these letters?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

. Markings on the leather does anyone know them?
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hello, You have nice 98k german bayonet, made by Hoerster in 1939 and matching numbers , the frog is later production but hard to deciphere, should be Name/Location /date 1942 is clear. maybe by sunlight looks from side. best regards,Andy

Comment

It’s not particularly unusual to see a latter date frog on an earlier bayonet. The frogs were more easily damaged or got worn out. As Andy stated perhaps looking at the rear of the frog at different angles could help decipher the letters better, and the maker could be identified as is sometimes done with partial markings FP

Comment

Thanks guys, i looked at it in the sun and the letters look like "Jellnek or Fellnek" any ideas?. I couldnt make out the word between the name and the year

Comment

Jelinek is a well known name in Boehmen&Maehren, could be from Sudetenland or Protektorat.best regards,Andy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X