Help with HJ knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with HJ knife

Hello can someone help me with this knife if it´s original or not, i dont collect youth and would like too sell it but i wont sell if not original. The RZM seems too be very worn as the number
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi good news for you your hj knife is genuine the maker is rzm m7/30 Gebr.Grafrath,Solingen -Widdert. the daimond enamel insignia is 100% genuine as well..........cheers scott.

Comment

Haraldur,
            Does it have the motto on the blade? And...are there any sights of the year (below the rzm) ?
            Those rivets arent common to all markers, but i think they are common to this one.

See this thread
            http://daggers.infopop.cc/eve/forums...2/m/9270041245

Anyway, i think its fine, but another member with experience with this particular marker could help you more.

Comment

Hi and thank you both for the good news, i cant see any year markings on the knife and the motto isnt there picture of the motto side.

Was it common for them too have no motto?
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi, its probably a late knife then.

Please, take a look at this "lesson" for further basic information:
                http://www.lakesidetrader.com/HJlesson.html

Its a great reading to get started.

I would say that the most rare knives are early period, followed by transitional period and then late knives.
                The early and transitional period knives do have the motto, late's dont.

Comment

Haraldur your hj knife looks as if its late war hj with the zinc metal hilt this would not have had the motto..... earlier hjs had the motto etched/engraved on the blade and there hilts were made of steel........cheers scott.
                  Last edited by sweezz; 03-13-2008, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Thank you guys, and thanks for the links

Comment

nice hj how many runners are in the scabbard one or two? Is the leather hanger black? it looks alittle brown in the pics, it should be black for a late hj, brown can be found on early examples only, which would also usualy have a single runner in the scabbard.

Comment

The leather looks like it has been black at some time but with brown showing through where the leather is cracking i think

Comment

That is a correct HJ-knife makersmark.

On the ricasso was stamped "RZM M7-30 1936".

I have seen knifes where the "1936" was erased on purpose because there is no motto, though it is 100% correct. The late knifes by this maker still have the "1936" on the blade but no motto...

Victorman

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X