Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early 1st Model LW; uncleaned

Hello all,

I just recently purchased this. I really like daggers that have never been cleaned and I think this one qualifies. It looks (and smells) like it hung on the wall of a smoke-filled room for 60 years. Pommel has never been unscrewed and all scabbard screws are unbuggered. It's all nickel fittings and chain, except that the two links that connect the chain to the scabbard are aluminum. Still, there is zero evidence that these have been tampered with in any way and the patina on the chain is a perfect match for all the rest of the fittings. Maybe it is just a pre-transitional piece that the assembler saved a bit of time on by using ready-made connectors rather than fabricating them from stock?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Wow

That's a beautiful piece you got there. Keep it as it is and DO NOT clean it It would be a shame.

JAN

Comment

the contrast between the blade and grip/scabbard fittings is stunning

Comment

I do in fact love that one!

Comment

Thanks for the kind words. I'm also impressed with the contrast of blade to fittings. The leather, while dark, is almost perfect on grip, scabbard and blade buffer.

Harvey

Comment

Sweet dagger!

Looks like the lower chain has been shortened to fit the original owner.
                    If I got it right its 13 links on the lower chain and 8 links on the upper chain?
                    Looks like most of the desirable silver wash between the swaz legs remain.

Great find!

Sam,<O</O
                    Last edited by Nakida; 03-14-2008, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X