Found Dads pictures from the 60's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found Dads pictures from the 60's

I have been putting files on CD for my mom and my parents have been divorced for over 30 years now. My dad hasnt seen the pitucres I found yet. He sold his collection over 40 years ago as my mom put us in debt. He also had 40 lugers and P-38's Here are 3 pictures I found tonight. there is a Luft in the lower part of cabinet but something is blocking most of the white handle. He paid about $20.00 average and he said $50.00 for the SS with vertical hanger. Rick B

nice photos,

Comment

Here is a closer look at the cabinet, and yes, that is me in 1964. Back then they dated the photos when you had them developed not when taken. Some of these say 1966. Rick

Comment

Very cool pics. Thanks for sharing

LH 600

Comment

These few photos just took me back to the "old days".
          ...Really Great! - Thanks.
          There were no bars, alarms, safety deposit boxes or "secret" rooms. It was just out there hanging in the open for everyday enjoyment. I was a kid just starting out but I remember the "older" guys houses were just like that.

-wagner-

Comment

That's one cool bow tie Rick, looks like a 100% genuine 1960's bow tie & suit
            Nice militaria too.
            Ant.

Comment

Cool family history and pictures!!!

Other than noticing the bow tie, I was wondering if the gift you were opening was a TR item???

Do you have similar collecting tastes as your Dad and were you interested in our hobby because of him?

Comment

Well, my father had left this hobby behind with a bad taste in his mouth over loosing it all to my mom. A few years later she did it again, and he had to sell his 1967 Corvette he worked so hard on customizing form a stolen recovered vehicle. So he didn't ruin a good car at the time.
                I bought him a 1914 Mauser pistol to get him going but the flame flickered and heard no more. I then got a Luger for him and WHAAAAM he was like a kid in a candy store. He and I had a few year break over differences and then some time back that was kind of like being a Condom in a razor factory once we started talking again, Both of us were trying to not say anything to upset the other.
                Well next thing I know we were going to Gun shows together and he would call to find out when the next one was. We bought a P-38 next time then a Artillery Luger. While at a show he mentioned Daggers. Damn it if a guy didn't walk by with a Army and he caught it. The guy offered it to a table but he passed and my dad bought it for $200.00. It was rough but not bad.
                Next thing I know we were after the Daggers. This has all happened in the last year and below is my infestation that happened due to hanging out with dad hahahaha. We talk almost every day and sometimes 5 or more. We started repairing bad parts. I started looking for bad metal or bad handles. We have a great plater and I mix a Resin to repair lost handles. I found him the metal for a customs and he is looking for leather. It has sparked a whole new life in him that I think his second wife of 25 years isn't all that happy with. But dad and I are at our happiest time ever and the wait was worth it. Rick B

Comment

Rick, thank you for sharing your family story with us. Nice collection..
                  Its sad that he lost almost everything due to that problem...but its great that you got him back in the field.

Comment

Neat story Rick! Glad the hobby helped you and your dad get back together.

Comment

Great story, and nice display!

Rob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X