ScapiniMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinión about this group (Dagger+Helmet)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinión about this group (Dagger+Helmet)

Hello companions.

I need your opinion about these two articles.

the dealer exposes this about them:

2nd Model Navy Dagger w/Hangers & Belt. Carl Eickhorn (stamped squirrel holding sword) TM. Gilted brass hilt fittings retain 100% of gilting and 95% of lacquer to eagle/swastika pommel and fouled anchor crossguard. Dark yellow celluloid grip is perfect, with no cracks or chips and nice age toning. Is complete with tight twisted wire-wrap. Plated blade grades excellent+, showing runner marks/light wear, and has been retipped making it approximately 5/8" shorter than a standard blade. Double-etched fouled anchor motif retains 100% of its medium gray background frosting. Blade is complete with light brown felt blade buffer pad. Gilted brass lightning bolt scabbard retains approximately 95% of gilting, with wear primarily to reverse between scabbard bands. Scabbard has several faint depressions on both obverse and reverse near tip. Dagger is complete with silver bullion portepee showing wear and fraying to lower cord. Hangers with gilted aluminum fittings grade Near MINT, and are complete with braided fabric under-the-tunic belt. Nice combination! Exc+

The Pics:
    [

Also it would thank for commentaries about the price that you would pay by them.

Best regards

And the definitión of the helmet:

Marine Double-Decal M-42 Steel Helmet. M-42 pattern helmet with flared edge to the guard retains approximately 95% of its matte field gray finish, showing only light surface wear. National tri-color decal grades approximately 90%, with gilt Wehrmacht eagle grading approximately 92% with some surface scratching to swastika. Interior of helmet features an M-31 liner, which shows wear and age to the tan leather, and is missing the drawstring. Exterior liner is stamped, "58", and has large hand-lettered initials, "B. K.". Underside of liner is stamped, "1943" and "58N", with ink-stamped Reich eagle on interior top of steel shell. Leather chin strap is missing. Exc.

Comment

Nobody is animated to give an opinion on you are two pieces?.

Comment

A double decal M42 helmet is instantly suspect. They were not made. Pass on that.

The dagger appears Ok from those small photos.

No idea on values.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Adrian.
          I am been thankful very with you disinterested opinion.

Best regards.

Comment

The helmet is a fake so if the dealer cant spot an obvious fake German helmet then what chance the dagger .Rob
            God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Hello ROOB.
              Thanks also to tí for your experienced opinion, because for a long time I have been following your commentaries and I create are qualitative.
              He is peculiar, that making famous dealer, it explains the history of which has bought these two articles to a family of an official of the coastal artillery no??That you think of all this?
              Here I put the commentary of the dealer about this group, that I did not put in my first contribution.

2nd Model Navy Dagger Grouping. This grouping was recently purchased in Germany from the family of a Third Reich Naval officer who served as an Oberleutnant in the Coastal Artillery. Grouping consists of a 2nd Model Navy dagger with portepee, hangers, and under-the-tunic belt, as well as a Marine double-decal M-42 steel helmet.

Comment

Pass on the helmet Husme. It has been altered. M42's were single decal if they had one at all.
                Regards,
                Henry

Comment

I'm surprised to hear the opinions about this about the helmet- BUT, I don't deal in headgear at all. I guess I just had a little more faith in this dealer. However, I don't really have any reason to suspect that the re-tipped dagger is bad. To me, the re-tipping would kind of kill the deal though. There's plenty more out there that haven't suffered this much.

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by Josh B. View Post
                    I'm surprised to hear the opinions about this about the helmet- BUT, I don't deal in headgear at all. I guess I just had a little more faith in this dealer. However, I don't really have any reason to suspect that the re-tipped dagger is bad. To me, the re-tipping would kind of kill the deal though. There's plenty more out there that haven't suffered this much.

Josh

Thanks to all for your commentaries.

to Josh B. I believe that all agree the one that the helmet is not absolutely interesting, but of the dagger, nobody says to nothing bad, another thing is that re.tipped interests one more or less.

A greeting to all.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X