Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letters on a bayonet

Hi

can anyone help me with these letters on this german bayonet??

//Jacob
    Last edited by Jacob Andreasen; 07-25-2009, 03:45 PM.

Jacob,

Your bayonet is marked to the Reichsbahndirektion Kassel. Property of the Kassel Railway Police, weapon #886.

Comment

Thanks...

//Jacob

Originally posted by SCHUPO View Post
      Jacob,

Your bayonet is marked to the Reichsbahndirektion Kassel. Property of the Kassel Railway Police, weapon #886.

Comment

I dont like the scabbard stamp, i believe there is 886 f a normal serial number, any stamps on opposite side, what is stamped on blade? best regards,Andy

Comment

Originally posted by AndyB View Post
          I dont like the scabbard stamp, i believe there is 886 f a normal serial number, any stamps on opposite side, what is stamped on blade? best regards,Andy
          What do you mean Andy?
          That the serial number on the scabbard is added later,to make this bayonet a matching numbered one?

Best regards,Jeremy

Comment

Probably yes, is there other markings on backside, or ball finial is proofed, please send more details,best regards,Andy
            From the first picture, i believe there is the norwegian chain on handle? Is this correct?

Comment

Hi
              Yes there is a chain on the handle..but why it is there i would like to know.

//jacob

Comment

Please send us more details about that bayo, other marking and marking of scabbard, the chain is some addings for sponsors of Norweg museum when i am correct.best regards,Andy

Comment

Hi
                  Sorry. i do not have much info on it as it is not mine,, it belongs to a friend.. he just send me the picture of if.

//Jacob
                  Last edited by Jacob Andreasen; 07-25-2009, 03:45 PM.

Comment

When possible ask him ,what for stamps does he have on the scabbard?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X