Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My First Ground Rhoem.

Hi,
    finally got a ground Roehm, fully ground. They did a good job the blade is still pretty good. Maker Eickhorn. I am getting a small family of SA's, for every 3 I get I keep 1 and sell the rest on. Daggers fetch more here than in the States or Europe. I notice SA's are going up in price or is it my imagination. A SA I bought off Bill Shea for $645 a couple of years back would now cost $800 to replace. Thats $US. Dealers here ask around $1500 for a SA in fair condition about $1300US. Anyhow here it is my latest addition and maybe a permanent one. The early SA's are definitely better made and you cant get much earlier than a Rhoem. or can you?
    cheers Robert
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RobertCOUTTS; 02-26-2008, 06:45 AM. Reason: spelling

Ground Rhoem

The grip with eagle.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RobertCOUTTS; 02-26-2008, 12:17 AM. Reason: wrong photograph

Comment

Ground Rhoem

blade with inscription fully removed. I forgot to mention I got this 'beauty' of Paul at Lakesider, thanks Paul.
      Attached Files

Comment

Ground Rhoem

The motto is still good.
        Attached Files

Comment

Ground Roehm

The tip, no retip here. Everytime I go away for a day or longer I wrap up all my daggers and put them in a suitcase as I am paranoid about being burgled. If the cops ever pulled me over and said whats in the suitcase I would have a heart attack. Here you cant carry blades anywhere even in your car is regarded a public place. I know as I was once arrested for a small pocket knife hanging off my keychain the cop saw it through the window. I won the case after 3 appearances at court. I had a lawful purpose ie needed it for work. You duded in America have it sweet.
          cheers Robert
          Attached Files
          Last edited by RobertCOUTTS; 02-26-2008, 06:46 AM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Hi Robert, sweet dagger
            Spot on about prices. I bought my first from Bill Shea a year or more ago, now an SA in the same condition is about $200 more on his & everyone else's site. Wish i'd known that in advance
            Ant.

Comment

Awesome dagger Robert!

I bought my first dagger from Paul and think he is an terrific dealer.

I think the Rohm daggers speak more to the period than any other dagger. Their quality of materials and hand finishing are superb. I also particularily enjoyed the history on Ernst Rohm himself, as the general public would never associate him with their perception of the Nazi era. Also leads into the history of the Night of the Long Knives.

I understand about Political Correctness in Australia, as we are getting that way in Canada. Not to the extent where a pocket knife is an offense, but seems to be changing constantly. (Won't go into that debate....)

As my collection started to grow, I decided to alarm my house to protect my TR items. But insurance and alarms do not begin to cover the items I enjoy. Therefore, I built a solid metal wall safe and have peace of mind on their safety. The negative part of this is that I cannot openly enjoy them. They are not in a display case or framed. At times this makes me sad, as I feel I can't relax in my own house. But this is the truth of these modern times.

The question I have for you Robert;

Don't you find it difficult in selling the other daggers? How do you not get attached to them, as each dagger seems to have its own personality!

Congrats on your new dagger and thanks for sharing!

Comment

Daggers

Fire61,
                every dagger I sell I regret to some degree. The fact is I dont have enough funds to keep them all. Bringing daggers here is a hassle you need police permission then a customs permit for each import. Very time consuming.I must have sold over a dozen daggers last year one a really nice Navy Dagger I bought off Paul. I took it to show a dealer friend and he offered me $1400AU about $1250US. I paid all up with postage about $860US so a profit of over $400AU. Now I look at Navy Daggers and realise I may never own one again. I try to keep the best for myself. I started with one Luftwaffe 2nd model now I have 4 SA's all very good, Luftwaffe 1st and 2nd. The 1st came from Paul again, beautiful condition except for a retip but hey I can live with it. I have a pristine Army Eickhorn compliments of Colorado and some nice bayonets including 3 sawbacks. If you saw how much daggers went for here you would be shocked. I once heard a saying you have to speculate to accumulate well its true.
                cheers Robert

Comment

Very nice Robert! Yes, I too have made some painful trades to get certain items that otherwise would not be able to afford. My SS honor degen is a recent example.

Comment

Glad you still have my Heer dagger Robert - That was one from the collection wayback you got.

We have talked about it before, upgrade when you can. Some can keep them all, I can't afford that, so things have to go generally when something comes in. Also as I have matured so have my tastes and interests to include getting out of owning many daggers now.

PS - I sent you an email about another toy you might want
                    Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X