griffinmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A trench knife marked Germany would be a fake, right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A trench knife marked Germany would be a fake, right?

I didn't get any photos of it, but yesterday I saw a trench knife that I would like some confirmation of my suspicions on. The knife seemed to have honest wear to the blade and is of the same quality as real examples I've seen, but the makers marks were worn and all I could make out was either a circle or semi-circle on one side and Germany on the other. It's my understanding that items marked Germany were made for export to other countries, which makes me think this one is probably an aged fake.

No one here is able to confirm my suspicions? Right now I wouldn't touch this knife with a ten foot pole.

Comment

you have said it your self. post war crap

Comment

After WW1 some trench knives were stamped Germany for export. This one is original:
        http://www.therupturedduck.com/WebPages/Edged/e564.htm

Rick
        Last edited by rick1; 02-27-2008, 12:52 PM.

Comment

The above comments are correct. There are WWI trench knives that were exported to the US post WWI and were stamped with Germany and sold through many outlets in the US. So indeed some of the Germany stamped knives were exported, but all were unissued when they left.
          Ron Weinand

Comment

I can't speak to your knife, however I will speak to M1902's. Many made in Germany and marked as such.

If it were a TR era dagger or wehrmacht/political sword, then i'd say for sure, it has an issue. Like Ron said, certain items for export were marked "Germany".

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X