Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help 2 HJ knives real or fake

Hello everyone,
    i never posted something so this is my first time, i hope i do it good.
    One week ago i did buy 2 HJ knives to add to my collection .
    I wil tell you how the look like (because i dont know how to post a photo with this massage)
    The first one looks like the most photo's i have seen here ,has a enameld white- red diamand in the grip and the lemmet has the motto(motto seems to be good) butt no makers mark (is this normal)
    The second one has a wooden grip no motto no white-red diamand but has a makers mark E V S SOLINGEN
    I know it is verry hard to judge it without a photo but cann someone help me with this? If someone wants to see the pictures i will sent them by e mail
    Sorry for my poor English.

Thank you verry mutch

Doc Jo

Hi Doc Jo, welcome to the edged weapons section a great place for your first post, i will send you my email address and attempt to host the pics for you

mike

Comment

Hello Mike ,
      this is quick response i am a beginner and all help is verry welcome .
      Thank you !

Doc Jo

Comment

Doc Jo,
        Welcome to the forum!!!
        I hope you like it here. Dont worry about your english, it is fine!
        Finally some HJs to look at! We didnt have a thread on HJs in some weeks now.
        Now let's wait till Mike posts them.

Comment

Doc Jo's piccies
          Attached Files

Comment

pic 2
            Attached Files

Comment

pic 3
              Attached Files

Comment

pic 4
                Attached Files

Comment

pic 5
                  Attached Files

Comment

final pic
                    Attached Files

Comment

certainly a few more pics would be good definitely on the one with the wood handle! it appears the one with the diamond may well be a postwar example, its still undecided wether solid red diamonds are pre 45 and the bakerlite grips are parallel to the diamond which is not seen except in Eickhorn pieces, this also adds a red flag. on the rear rivet you can see that it appears to have been off or tampered with at somepoint aswell. Some close ups of the motto would be helpful if you can do that send them my way

hope you didnt spend too much, maybe you could return them?

Comment

Doc,
                        Im sorry to tell you but, in my opinion, the first one is a fake one. Similar to some fakes already posted here. It seems somebody is producing them somewhere lately. Mottos starting from below (not centered) isnt a good thing. Some fakes that have been posted here similar as your knife were marked with the RZM code on the ricasso, of the observe side. Do you see any marking there that may have dissapeared?
                        Second one needs more photos. From what i can see, the rivets arent original but maybe they were changed when the grips were changed. Also, the scabbard you show there isnt for an HJ knife. It looks more like a bayonet type of scabbard but i have no clue regarding it!
                        Please, try to take more photos of the second knife.

Here you have a highly recommended reading, a great lesson to know more and learn about HJ knives:
                        http://www.lakesidetrader.com/HJlesson.html

Comment

Better pics would help but a few things would concern me about the first one. Mottoed knife, with no maker, and a late war solid red diamond (can't tell if this one is original) is not a good combination in my opinion. Also looks like there could be a strong seam at the upper crossguard area but it may be the pic.

Regards
                          Russell

Comment

Hello everyone,

First of all i want to thank you all for your comments , and especially Mike to post my pics
                            i will try to make at the end of the week some better pictures of the knives with a differend camera.
                            But i have to knock on Mike his door again to help me post the pics
                            (sorry Mike)

Doc.Jo

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X