SS dagger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS dagger

Hello, I was offered this SS dagger. It is in very used condition, but I think still collectible. Do you see any incorrect on it?

Thanks
    Mike
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

It does not look like an original SS dagger to me.

Comment

thats had a tougher life than me, IMO the handle looks plastic and dosnt reflect the age elsewhere, the scabbard screws look replaced and the handle ill fits the top part of the grip, OH AND THERE ARE GREEN BLOBS OVER THE OFFENSIVE SYMBOLS either all bad or parts dagger with parts and repro thrown in, not a good honest dagger if you ask me.think thats covered my ass

Comment

At best that's a parts dagger.
            Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

Originally posted by Colorado View Post
              At best that's a parts dagger.
              I would agree. The top cross guard does not match the handle well and is more corroded than the lower. The lower matches the handle VERY well, and would guess that these 2 have always been together. As for the handle, w/o the ability to see the fit and detail of the insignia, we're kind of at a loss. I did notice a chip in on the rear which is suggests this handle is made of wood and not plastic like someone else suggested. However, like mentioned above, its condition does far surpass that of most of the rest of the piece, raising red flags.

Bottom line- I'd stay away. Even if it were an honest piece, I'd still never have it in my collection. It's close to relic in that condition. Maybe someone took a mix of good and bad parts and soaked them in acid to make up something with 'age' to sell (and disguise crappy repro parts)? Not to mention that the scabbard, if it is even a good one, somehow managed to get by relatively unscathed...

Best, Josh

Comment

Save your money...too many red flags and, IMO - even if it was original - it is not in "collectible condition"

Skip

Comment

thanks to all, consideering your opinions I will pass

Mike

Comment

Wait on the SS Dagger.....

Mike.... You have such a diverse and WONDERFUL Collection (I looked at ALL 19 pages of the Postings!)

Wait - and get a much Better & 100% Real SS Dagger! ...... Txs, Dave/dblmed

Comment

ss

save you money to a better one.
                      My advice

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X