K98 bayonet i.d. please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K98 bayonet i.d. please.

I acquired a number of items last week one of which is a standard model K98 pattern German bayonet. It has a wood grip and is constructed like any other '30's K98 bayo. However the scabbard is completely unmarked, the blade is unmarked on either the spine or the ricasso. The pommel is marked with waffenamt eagles and the number C4276. I found it odd that the scabbard and blade were not marked. Can someone enlighten me on the 'history' behind this variation in markings. Thanks!
    Andrew

History: The written record of what man has done with the time God has provided him.

Port M37

Hello Andrew, its with high possibility a german contract to Portugal, well known as M1937, that was fullfiled in last of 30ies, and to this bayo should be attached same serialed rifle from Mauser Werke in Oberndorf am Neckar, the producer of this bayonets is unknown, but is certainly from Solingen area, and with high possibility one of the large producers - Hoerster, Eickhorn, WKC or Coppel.On pommel should be stamped twice WaA253 with down or straight winged eagles?best regards,Andy from BCN

Comment

Two eagles on the pommel just as you describe. Thank you for the knowledgeable response! Now to find someone from Portugal to buy my bayo !
      Andrew

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X