Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K98 Bayonet.Faked???

Hello everybody,

I've just stepped in the wonderfull world of bayonets,and I was wondering of the K98 bayonet has been faked?

If so,is it faked with the grips in wood,and in bakkelit?
    Is there a way to recognize fake K98 bayonets,that is ,if they are beeing faked?

I hope someone can help me,as I have 4 matching numbered K98 Bayos,and I hope they are legit.

Thank you very much,
    kind regards,

Jeremy

I dont believe there are good fakes , the India repros are very bad made, clearly to distinguish, and there some units fantasy etched piece, that was made on origin bayos, please send the details of Your pieces, or pictures when avialiable. When You will not attach it on forum, You could send me private message.best regards,Andy

Comment

Hi Jeremy
      Sometimes there some K98 fakes for sale on ebay. Look at this one and you will see quicly the differences with an orighinal one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/bayonet-K98-expe...sid=p1638.m122

Best regards from Paris
      Alain

Comment

Thank You Andy,and Alain

Andy,are there any signs to recognize such an Indian repro,things about the bayonet that makes them easy to spot?I will make some pics of my bayonets.

Alain,could you tell me the diffirences between a real one and the repro on Ebay,I can't see it based on these pics.

Thanks,
        kind regards,
        Jeremy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X