No announcement yet.

Clemen and Jung 2nd model Luft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the info. eBay is tough. It can be very difficult to make a 100% decision merely based on photos. Especially if the repro is well done.

I only bid on my specific collecting area on the auction sites. And what I collect, is typically not reproduced. And the repros that exist are poorly done and an easy give-away. For now anyways.

Frank, what is the base metal made of on the fittings?

T
    Last edited by SwordFish; 11-23-2007, 06:22 PM.

Comment

If it is a total repro, it is very well done. Most of the fittings are, from memory, the "generic" type. Can we get a shot of the scabbard carrying rings? From one of your pictures, they do not appear welded shut. I was just curious... How about a shot of the handle alone. What material is this? Closeups of the wire would also help. A shot of the inside of the pommel? Thanks!
      Josh

Comment

Apparently it's an Atwood early reproduction piece. I guess some of the casting is pretty bad once in hand. Talk to the gentleman that had originally posted the thread. He has more deatail on the particulars.

On an auction site, with limited photos of not-so-great quality, I think it could be rather convincing.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X