HJ 7/66 Knife -- Opinions Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was wondering what you all thought about this RZM mark? Can't find another like it on the net. I know that 7/66 is Eickhorn's. Many thanks for your help.
    Attached Files

Hi Brad,
    I havent seen it before but after doing a quick search on the net (german daggers forum), i found that M7/66 is a known RZM code and, as you say, corresponds to Eickhorn.
    I dont know if your question is only about the RZM code but the knife as a whole. If you are considering buying it, you should get more pics from the entire knife, blade, diamond, grips, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger89 View Post
      Hi Brad,
      I havent seen it before but after doing a quick search on the net (german daggers forum), i found that M7/66 is a known RZM code and, as you say, corresponds to Eickhorn.
      I dont know if your question is only about the RZM code but the knife as a whole. If you are considering buying it, you should get more pics from the entire knife, blade, diamond, grips, etc.

Santiago,
      The other pictures all look good. My only concerning is the RZM code being a single circle and not double. Was looking for someone who might already have 7/66 HJ knife with a single circle RZM.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Brad,
        Single circle RZM mark is not something weird in HJ knives (i dont know about the other daggers). What is weird is to find double circle RZM mark stamped on HJ knives on the ricasso, those are not very seen, but that doesnt mean double circle ones are fake.
        I really dont know about what happened in those days, why some markers used the double circle image of the RZM and others only did a single circle. I think it was up to the markers, because ive seen HJ knives here in the forum both from 1940 and one had single circle and the other had double circle.
        Dont worry about that!

Comment

yep ive seen other transitional eickhorns with the single circle rzm symbol

Comment

Thanks for all your help with this question. However, the moron has pulled it off the auction site before anyone could bid on it. Go figure!

Comment

Did the seller send you some pics before it was pulled - if so, try going back to him for the other pics. I wouldn't be concerned with the markings as many variations exist, but the rest of the pics would be helpful. Where are you based in NZ?
              Regards
              Russell
              Last edited by RussellM; 10-11-2007, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RussellM View Post
                Did the seller send you some pics before it was pulled - if, try going back to him fot the othe pics. I wouldn't be concerned with the markings as many variations exist, but the rest of the pics would be helpful. Where are based in NZ?
                Regards
                Russell
                Russell,
                Sorry, no I did not have time to download the other photos before the seller pull it. It looked really good and I would have offered him a fair price for it, but alas it was not to happen.

I will in Upper Hutt.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X